Monday, June 6, 2011

My Nephew

So my nephew was blessed back in March and we all traveled to Arizona for it. Even though I spent most of the time doing homework, it was still a nice, relaxing spring break. I also tried to hold my nephew Maddox as much as I could because I have no idea the next time I'll see him in person. Christmas? Maybe???... Probably not....

The first day there, some headed off to go hiking...

...while I stayed at the house and worked on papers. Maddox had kept Michael up all night, so that morning David and I took turns taking care of Maddox.

Michael turned me into the nanny on this vacation. I was put in charge of diaper changing, managing the diaper bag, feedings, changings, and putting Maddox in his car seat. Apparently I am told that because of my degree, I have a major in diaper changings, a minor in feedings, and a master in staying up late. I didn't mind too much because hey what's a couple of days of it. I did however do less and less later on in the trip. Plus, Kristen's sisters were all eager to jump in and help out.

My mom loves being Grandma.

A couple of videos I took. Don't mind the super close up of Maddox's eye, I was putting his binky back in.


Uncle David
Maddox was so good with Grandpa.
We went to a fun Mexican restaurant with Kristen's family that gave you tons of food, like 2 huge plates for one meal. We had to squeeze it all on the table. But it was really good.

We also went to a place called the Mystery Castle. It was really weird. This guy just collected a bunch of junk for years and built a mansion out of it. Then we went to the mall so that Mason could go to the Lego store and I bought some new shoes.

Mystery Castle
Maddox wearing his sunglasses.

Sunday Maddox was blessed. Kristen's sister spiked his hair right before and Maddox looked adorable. Maddox was great during church, but hated having his picture taken after.
His spiked hair.
Then Brad, Mason and I left Arizona and went to Las Vegas with David and Melody. We had a BBQ and then the next day we headed to a park before catching our flight home.

Special thanks to Brad for letting me steal his pictures.

Check out more at Michael and Kristen's blog:

http://monkinhos.blogspot.com/2011/03/az-trip.html
http://monkinhos.blogspot.com/2011/03/maddoxs-baby-blessing.html

No comments:

Post a Comment