So I've been in Primary for a little while and today was our last Sunday at our ward, so I decided to write down some of the funny things that the kids said in our ward.
I posted this one on Facebook, but I'll say it again here. One Sunday a kid prayed that we could go home and take a nap. I'm proud to say that I did.
When showing kids some coins, I asked them if they knew what President was on each one. Answers were "Barack Obama" and "President Monson."
One question was what can we do to be modest in our clothing and one kid in my class answered that we should wear underwear that isn't stinky. They were then to draw themselves and others being modest. The same kid drew Batman. I was pretty proud :)
Today one of the kids asked if we could stop being their teachers because they wanted new ones. (I team teach with another teacher and we were trying to get them to be reverent.) I told them that this was my last Sunday and that I wasn't ever going to see them again. They then got really sad and looked like they were about to cry. They asked why and I said that I was moving. They then asked where and I said far away. Then one said "you're moving to Far Far Away?!" (think Shrek) and I said yes. This one seemed pretty excited and wowed about that. Another then said "well I will see you if I move somewhere nearby where you are moving to." And I said that that was true.
One Sunday we were playing with playdough and I asked them to make farm animals. They started out well by making animals that would be on a farm, but then they started wanting to make other animals like a monkey, turtle, goat, dolphin, and lastly a "sting-shock." I asked "you mean a stingray?" "No, a sting-shock." It looked a lot like a stingray to me, so I'm going with that.
Someone in the Primary Presidency was asking the kids lots of question. She asked one kid what is the Iron Rod? and this kid replied that it was a great big thing that leads us to a tree. Not bad for a 4 year old. They do actually get something out of the lessons, even if it doesn't seem so.
One kid has noticed that Mason carries around a butterfly net and captures bugs. So now she tells Mason all about the bugs that she sees. One day she came up to us and said that she saw a dragonfly. Mason said "oh cool, where is it?" and she said that it was "over there" but that it was dead. Mason nicely said "well maybe it's just sleeping." Her response: "No it's dead. I ran over it and so it's dead." Haha!
Some kids like to play with Mason's butterfly net. One of them was waving it about and then dropped it on Mason's head and said "Hey, Look! I caught a human!"
We're sure going to miss the kids around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment