Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Introducing Ava Claire Allen

Well I'm finally putting up Ava's birth story. Ava was overdue and so I was induced. Mason and I checked into the hospital at 8 pm and by 10:30 pm my inducement was started. At 2:30 am, I was given another dose and then by 5:30 am I started feeling contractions. The nurse called my doctor and they decided to stop the rest of the inducement since labor was well on its way. At 9:30 am my doctor came and said that I was really close. Mason and I couldn't believe how fast everything was going. I expected to deliver that afternoon or evening, not that morning. The nurse had me do some practice pushing at about 10:00 am. Well those practice pushes quickly led to real pushes. The nurse told me to stop and had to run and call my doctor to get back quick. My doctor barely made it back in time to catch Ava.



Ava was born at 10:45 am. She weighed 7 lb 15 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.


Mason was able to give Ava her first bath and took along the camera, but the camera wasn't working so we didn't get any pictures of that. Thank goodness we bought an iPad for our Christmas and had it in time for Ava's arrival, so we got plenty of pictures otherwise.



Everything took so long that first day that we had a really late dinner. The cafeteria was closed so we ordered pizza. The staff at Papa John's were pretty excited that they were delivering pizza to "Labor and Delivery" and asked Mason lots of questions about Ava.




No comments:

Post a Comment