Thursday, June 12, 2014

More Favorites

Beauty

I have 2 main eye looks that I have liked to do lately. 

One is with L'Oreal's Infallible Eyeshadow Amber Rush. I like to pair it with Mary Kay's Vintage Gold eyeshadow and a highlighter (like Mary Kay's Crystalline) to create a look similar to this.


When I first put on the Amber Rush it was really intense. The Vintage Gold tones it down so I can wear it as an everyday look.



I recently bought Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze Color Tattoo. This you can wear without any other eyeshadows. It took me awhile to perfect putting it on so that I wouldn't have to use anything else, but I sometimes still wear a highlighting eyeshadow with it. You can also use it as a base or primer and it works great that way too.



I have really loved L’Oreal Color Balm in Caring Coral. This has to be my favorite lip product of all time. It is very moisturizing. I feel that it is better than most chapsticks. It goes on sheer. So at first it just is your natural lip color. You can layer it and the more you layer, the brighter it becomes for a pretty coral color. I have been trying to branch out lately and get differently colors than I would normally wear.  For a while I was wearing more mauve colors and now I am having fun with corals.






I bought 2 Tarte products for my birthday this year. (I also got Calvin Klein mascara CK One for free for my birthday from Ulta, but I really didn't care for it.)




The packing for the Tarte products is really cute. I got the butter lipstick in Angelic Nude and I really like the color. The butter lipstick has a nice mint scent to it. I find that both the powder fountain and the lipstick do better in the warmer weather on me. If it is cold, the lipstick is a bit too thick for me (probably the Amazonian clay that is in it). However, when it's warm it is very buttery.

The foundation has been better in the warmer months as well, because when it's cold it seems to emphasize my dry spots instead of having a creamy finish like it does in the summer. You do need a pretty thick brush to apply the foundation, otherwise it is hard to apply. When you put the foundation on at first, it tends to be a bit dark, but it lightens up throughout the day. I got the lightest shade for me. It took me awhile to figure out the best way to apply the foundation for me. At first when I wore it without a liquid foundation underneath it seemed to wear off quick, even with a foundation primer. Then when I wore it over a liquid foundation it seemed like too much. I have been working on it and it does seem to be working better for me. Again I think the warmer weather seems to help, and also taking my time when applying it. I have been trying to get used to wearing less makeup and showing off more of my real skin. So I thought this would be a good product for that.

Another product that I have liked for trying to wear less makeup is Maybelline's BB Cream. I also got this in the lightest shade. I feel like it gives me the perfect coverage.


Lastly in the beauty section I have been really liking Sonia Kashuk's body lotions and washes. They actually remind me of some scents that Mary Kay used to have a couple of years ago. I really like the pink and yellow scents. So I got both the pink and yellow scents in body washes since it was buy one, get one half off at the time. I then went back and got a small hand lotion in the yellow scent. They are a bit pricey so I only use them for special occasions.



Food

I have been loving salads lately. I don't know if it is just summer, but it nice to have something light and refreshing. I'm trying to be healthier too. Less eating out and more meals at home.

One salad I have been loving is a spinach salad with strawberries and apples with fuji apple vinaigrette. I ate this everyday straight for lunch for about 2 weeks. I tried the fuji apple vinaigrette at my in-laws and thought it was amazing. So I had to get it for myself right away.


Also love this balsamic vinegar. It is from World Market, imported from Italy. It is the best tasting balsamic vinegar.
I love putting it with some olive oil and italian seasoning and dipping artisan bread in it.

I have also been loving kale in salads. I don't typically like kale, unless it is done right. Melody made a kale salad from a mix and I really enjoyed it. So when I got home, I wanted to get one. When I went to the store, they only had one mix. I was disappointed by the lack of options but I got the mix anyways. It was supposed to be an Asian salad, so I picked up some yummy toasted sesame dressing as well.

I love milk chocolate and when I saw that Ghirardelli was on sale, I snagged some. I had heard about the sea salt and almond bar and really wanted to try it. It was amazing! It is so good! I have been dying to buy some more. I don't really like sea salt, but paired with chocolate and almonds, it is heavenly.


TV Show

I found Call The Midwife on Netflix's the other week and I fell in love. It is a period piece set in the 1950's and is by BBC. If you like Downtown Abbey, then I think you will really like this show. It's about a girl named Jenny who is a nurse and a midwife. She goes to a poor part of London to work. She lives with other midwifes and nuns at the Nonnatus House, a nursing convent. It is based on the memoirs of Jennifer Worth. There is lots of screaming women giving birth in the show. They don't show anything, but thought I would put that warning out there if you didn't already deduce that. There is only 2 seasons / 15 episodes on Netflix's, so I went through them way too fast. I saw the 3rd season you can watch on Amazon (if you pay for each episode) and that there will be a season 4 next year.



Book


I just finished Stephanie Nielson's book Heaven Is Here in just 3 short days. It was really good and is so inspiring. I really like her dad's analogy about how life can be like the bath water going down a drain. At first it seems so slow, but at the end the water really picks up speed. I could really relate to that. When we are going through trials, life can seem so hard and progress so slow, but when we push through it life starts speeding up and we can then really see the blessings and progress we have made. Okay so I added in how I interpreted it. I think that the book is a good reminder that we can all do hard things.


No comments:

Post a Comment