On Sunday I made a wonderful dinner that consisted of steak with sauteed mushrooms and shrimp, a fresh green salad, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and garlic bread, YUM!
I had planned on making a chocolate peanut butter pie, but Mason surprised me by borrowing my parents' chocolate fountain. Mason had fresh strawberries, raspberries, bananas, and blueberries for the occassion. The strawberries were my favorite!
So here goes, I'm going to admit that something went wrong, terribly wrong. Okay so it wasn't that bad, it was kind of funny despite the mess. Anyways I was starting the chocolate fountain to see how well it would flow and I decided that it still needed some more chocolate, so I added some unmelted chips of chocolate. The direction clearly state not to add unmelted chips especially when the motor is running for good reason. One of the chips of chocolate went and disrupted the top part of the chocolate fountain and it went spinning around throwing chocolate everywhere.
The Damage:
The Victim:
Chocolate Salad anyone?
With Chocolate Ranch dressing?
And Chocolate Kiwi Strawberry Shasta?
Well now that that's over with let's move on.
Mason was very sweet this year and got me several presents!
Flowers
2 sets of 3 pink candles
Then on monday this package arrived!
Sound's like my kind of package :)
with this shirt inside
can anyone guess what this molecule is called???
I felt a little silly posing for the picture above, so Mason posed for me as well.
Then we headed off to The Gateway
Mason bought me some chocolate truffles at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and then we went to the Happy Sumo.
I had stir fry noodles, beef, and vegetables.
Mason had sushi that had eel in it.
I watched in horror as he ate every last bite. Mason said that he really liked it and tried to get me to try some. Mason did get me to try squid last time we were in California, but he didn't get me to try eel this time.
I will admit that I tried a little tiny bit of wasabi. If someone asks you to try wasabi, do yourself a favor and DON'T! I have to steal Ralph's line "it tastes like burning" because that is exactly what it was like.
Well we wandered around from shop to shop and had fun. The fountain played Olympic music that we listened to a bit. They also had these fires all around and we joked about being hobos as we warmed our hands.
Well that about all that we did for Valentine's, it was really fun and my husband like always spoiled me!!!
I do have to post this picture before I end this post. Mason decided to make a friend for Mario.
It's a yellow baby Yoshi, Aww!! I know this is getting long but I do have to say that later that night after Gateway I studied for a test while Mason and Brad played Mario on the wii and I am proud to say that they BEAT BOWSER and went to World 9!!! It was very exciting!
Lastly, here's a cute Valentine that I made for my husband, Enjoy!
| Make a Smilebox greeting |






Sounds like a cute time! I have those same earrings you have on, by the way. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a pretty good Valentines Day! The Chocolate mess is hilarious by the way! Love the LEGO Mario and Baby Yoshi!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a good Valentine's Day! I think I should have you make my Valentine's dinner next year. That's pretty funny that you got chocolate everywhere. So what is the molecule? Sugar?
ReplyDeleteand by the way, sushi is good! you shouldn't ever say you don't like something unless you've tried it. I always hate when I try to get David to try something and he refuses.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone, it was really fun!
ReplyDelete@ Molly- I love those earings, they are cute! My co-worker has the same ones too :)
@ JillyBean- What did you and your husband do for Valentine's?
@ Melody- Sugar is pretty close, keep guessing :) Maybe someday I'll try sushi, but I wasn't about to start with eel. I told Mason that I might try something like a California roll. Something without raw fish since I don't like fish. I like crab and shrimp so I wouldn't mind sushi with that in it.