Sunday, February 14, 2010

Random Funny Stories

I thought that I would share some random stories that happened recently:

*One day when I was driving on Foothill, there was a random old guy in another car that pulled up next to me at a stop light. He asked and motioned to me to roll down my window. I yelled back that I couldn't. Awhile ago my right car window stopped working and instead of fixing it, we decided to put a board in the door so that the window wouldn't keep falling down. Well I thought that this guy was going to tell me something important like I had a flat tire, my trunk wasn't closed or that my break light was out. Well I guess the guy thought it was important that he start yelling at me for "driving too fast." In fact I was only going 5 mph over the speed limit and this guy was going 15 mph under the speed limit. I try to explain that I wasn't really speeding. This is Foothill after all. Many people drive 10 mph over the speed limit unless it is rush hour and then everyone drives 5 mph or less. So I was in complete shock and after I understood what he was saying I was furious. I wanted to start yelling back that if he couldn't keep up with the speed limit, that he should have his license taken away. Well the light turn green and three cars rushed by us while I drove the speed limit and I soon lost him. Now that it's been awhile I can laugh at it. I have to say it was the weirdest and craziest experience I've had. So if you are driving on Foothill and driving the speed limit, watch out when you're at the stop lights!

*While at church one Sunday a kid came up to us with a sticker of Count Dooku. I asked him about the sticker and he rambled off something that unfortunately I didn't hear. Then in front of my eyes, he started ripping up the sticker, wadded it up in a ball, threw it and ran away. He then came back to give Mason a sticker of Palpatine and Mason put the sticker on his tie. Don't worry, Mason later returned the sticker to the kid. Haha I got a kick out of it. Kids are really funny!

*Mason and I decided to rent some movies from Blockbuster. When we were checking out, the girl ringing us up informed us that we had bought two movies. Apparently we returned them too late when we rented them around Halloween so they made us buy them. I really don't think that we returned them that late. We received a reminder call and we returned them the next day. So we now own Porco Rosso and Meet Joe Black. For those of you that don't know, Porco Rosso is a Studio Ghibli movie. It will be joining my other two Studio Ghibli movies Howl's Moving Castle and Totoro. I hope to be adding Ponyo when it comes out. I guess I'm okay with owning the movies but I don't like that we had purchased them without any knowledge of it. We are considering signing up for Netflix's. 

*So ever since Mason and I got married we have been thinking up comedy sketches about Newly Weds. We proposed the idea to Brad but he hasn't shown much interest, so I told Mason that he should start a comic about it. Most the ideas are based on real life situations that Mason and I have been through but just exaggerated. Basically it's making fun of ourselves. To get an idea of the comic it is basic everyday stories like how the wife puts lots of pillows on the bed and the husband throws them all off. Hopefully Mason can start drawing soon!

*I love Cafe Rio and my favorite is their pork. So it's no wonder that Mason and I move into a ward where the bishop is the CEO of Cafe Rio, right? Lol! Well I was at Cafe Rio the other day (when am I not there?) when a young guy came up behind me and asked the worker there how they made their pork. The worker was very confused and so the guy rephrased and asked if they marinated their pork in coke. It sounded like the worker didn't know. I was highly suspicious that the young guy was a BYU student and so I had to laugh. I really wanted to say to the guy that he should ask my bishop, the CEO of Cafe Rio, and see the look on his face. Hahahaha! Sorry but I just have to tease you BYU students! As for me I could really care less whether they marinate their pork in coke or not. I drink a pepsi a day and marinating chicken in coke is really good! If they marinate their pork in coke, well no wonder why I love it.

Well I think that 5 stories is enough for now. But lastly I would like to give a shout out to my sister-in-law PERCIE whose birthday was yesterday, Happy Birthday Percie!! I hope that you had fun birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment