Sunday, April 4, 2010

Handel's Messiah


On Friday, March 26, 2010, Mason and I went to a performance of Handel's Messiah that both of our moms were in. We were lucky to have many family members on both sides come with us. It was an amazing, beautiful performance. I was awestruck with the soloists. It was also amazing that they could find so many talented people to be a part of the orchestra. I felt like we went to a professional opera all for $3 a person. The combination of music with scriptures and paintings were inspiring. I love Isaiah and so it was very enlightening to hear them sing scriptures from Isaiah. It was perfect for Easter to see images and hear words about the Savior's life. 

Here is what my dad and my brother Brad thought.


And here is Mason trying to sing opera.


Haha! Just kidding about those last two pictures.


It was very special to see our moms perform in something they had spent so much time practicing for. They are very talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment