Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Holidays

It's taken me forever to write this blog post. I thinks it's mostly because I didn't feel like I really had a holiday break. We were so busy, it was insane. It basically was at least one event a day. Both Mason and I had finals up to the last moment, then we were thrown into the holidays with party after party (which don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed it all and I'm sure Mason did too), along with Mason picking up extra shifts, and then finally we had one week where we could get a breather and now we are already back in school. Sadly because of some unseen and unfortunate events we weren't able to make it to everything. However, overall we had a great holiday, but I just wish it could have been a bit longer. Now onto pictures!

Lion House rolls, YUM!!!

Made these candles and then put lettering that said JOY for homemade gifts.

Mason's Chinese Checkers
Dancing to David Archuleta

Annie asked that the siblings chip in for a gift for their dad, which was a gift card to FYE, and then she wrapped it up in several boxes. It was fun to see the quizzical looks that my father-in-law gave to Annie as he was opening it up.

Cody, Jessica, and Percie

Dusty and Jerica

Annie and Dusty




Kristen and Michael

Opening the baby gifts.

My Mom didn't wrap our main present so Mason headed straight to it.

I love this picture of the temple, good choice Mom!

Michael thought that the baby clothes would fit him.


Coca Cola Christmas socks

Monkey Christmas socks

Michael and Kristen gave my mom a webcam so that she can see Michael and Kristen's baby.

My Dad got a centennial Boy Scouts tie

Looking at a family album

 Mason and I made sugar cookies :)





My family and I went to The Garden at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and then looked at the lights on Temple Square. Mason sadly had to work. My mom got daring and ordered fried pickles as our appetizer. We all tried it, but I think I'll stick to fried zucchini in the future, the pickles were way too sour.
Fried pickle
My food. It was delish. Don't worry I saved some for Mason.



I still did our traditional puzzle, well actually I did two. One I did at home by myself and it's almost complete. The other is a really hard and complex one of Van Gogh's Starry Night that I put out for my family. Michael was upset because it didn't get finished by the time he had to fly back home. But I'll be taking a picture of it when I finish, even if it's in a year, because it will be quite an accomplishment.

I didn't take pictures of everything we did, so I would just like to thank everyone that made our  Christmas wonderful! Thanks to friends and family for the presents, Christmas cards, well wishes, the delicious food, and the time that we got to spend with you! We were truly blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment