Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fools

Already Ava is taking after her dad and pulling pranks at 3 months.
So yesterday, since it was so nice out we took Ava on a walk. Like usual she fell asleep. We got home and I didn't think too much about her sleeping past her last feeding time for the day. I thought she would wake up in a bit and eat. Well time kept passing by and she still hadn't woken up. I decided to let her sleep the night and knew that she would just wake up earlier.
Well she woke up in the very early morning after what seemed like Mason and I had just fallen asleep. I fed her and Mason went to put her back to bed. Ava is usually good and falls back to sleep pretty quickly if she wakes up early.
Well not today. She screamed and screamed. I fed her more, she still screamed. Mason rocked her, she still screamed. I tried to get her warmer, she still screamed. Mason tried to hold in her pacifer, yet she still screamed.
Finally, hours later, I was done with her screaming. I took her from Mason and went into the bathroom. I grabbed the baby bath tub and put it in the tub. Then I looked at Ava and said "Ava Claire, if you do not stop your screaming this instant, I'm making you take a bath right now." Ava typically doesn't like her baths so I thought it was a pretty good threat. Plus it was almost time for me to get ready for work so I thought that I might as well be up doing something.
I continued to look at her and what does she do? She starts smiling and laughing at me as if it was the funniest thing. The joke was on us. Apparently she saw through my empty treat and knew that I was much too exhausted to bathe her at that hour. I handed her back to Mason with her full of smiles and he got her asleep in ten minutes.
So Ava, 3 months old, already pranked her mom and dad on her first April Fools.
Actually I really think she just wanted some attention and playtime with mom and dad. Poor girl! Next time I think I'll wake her up for that last feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment