This month Mason and I spent quite a bit catching up on technology. During the middle of my maternity leave our internet went out. Despite having a fancy surge protector both our modem and router killed over. The electrician told us that once a surge protector has a surge, it's no longer good for the next unless you spend hundreds on a commercial one that can tell you it's had a surge. So we are thinking that our surge protector had more than one surge and the modem and router killed over as a result. Good thing it didn't take out our tv and wii. Since we were thinking about moving we decided to hold off on getting a new router and modem. Then things just took me forever to get around to with going back to work, but finally this month I got a new router and modem and got Internet set up at our new house. We are official back in business.
So not only that but I finally caved in and bought a bluray player. I don't really care about playing blurays, Mason and I just really want to watch Netflix on our tv.
I also got a 2 TB external hard drive. Our computers are in desperate need of backing up and being wiped clean and reinstalling everything. I have been putting this off for way too long.
It was really hard not having Internet for a couple of months. Hard to pay bills, hard to research, hard to communicate. But in some ways it was good to be a bit disconnected and take a break from everything. Although trying to take of hospital bills without having Internet access at home has been really hard. Now that we are getting all of these things, I definitely feel very spoiled.
No comments:
Post a Comment