Monday, May 5, 2014

Today

I'm taking a break from working on my days of happiness week post, because I have to get some pictures from my dad and my brother. Also I forgot some of the days to take pictures so I'm not sure what I am going to do there.

Today has been going great for me, kind of crazy for Mason.

Anyways Ava was cute when she woke up. I asked her if she wanted her milk and she said "yes." So I said that I would be right back, she waved and said "byes." I got her her milk and she laid back on our bed. I was a bit chilly so I turned on our electric blanket. Ahh, it was so heavenly that I started falling asleep. Of course Ava finished her bottle and wanted to get breakfast and it was so hard to pull myself out of the warmth, even though it really isn't that cold.

Breakfast was great and then it was shower time. Then Mason came home from lunch. I took a break while Mason and Ava had lunch. Then I took Ava outside to give Mason a break. It was fun showing Ava "helicopter" seeds and then of course she spotted the neighbor's dogs. Then I cleaned the porch of the millions of "helicopter" seeds which I sure will all be back tomorrow. It just really bugs me having a dirty porch.

Then back inside. Ava had opened a card game the other day that I usually keep in our church bag in case we need something extra to do for our primary lesson (which has never happened). Anyways we had gotten this 3 packs of bible card games at the dollar store. I hadn't ever opened any of them. Well I got looking at the Noah's ark card game today and turns out it will be fun for Ava. It has lots of animals so I figure I can practice animals and the sounds they make with Ava like flash cards. I of course get tons of animal books at the library for Ava. They are her favorite along with books with pictures of babies.

In fact Ava's favorite book at the moment is this one. She even picked it out the other day and carried it to my mom for her to read it.



I also have apps on our iPad so that Ava can see and hear animals. But I like the cards because I feel that I can now test her and see what she is remembering.

Anyways I came across the card that had a fox and Ava really liked it. I asked Mason what noise did a fox make. He didn't know so we googled it and found lots of videos but I thought I would share this interesting one.



When the fox pounced Ava said "oh boys!" haha! Anyways it got me thinking that every couple of days I should focus on an animal like we did today, because it's kind of fun.

Off Mason went to work and Ava and I went to take a nap. Ava has been teething really bad so she wakes up a lot. The first hour of her nap she kept waking every 15-20 minutes, ugh! After that she finally started sleeping better. I'm glad she is finally catching up on some sleep. Also, before I began this random blog post I even got to go to the bathroom and eat some food alone :)

Well Ava is now awake. She is telling me that she dreamed about dogs. Time to get her some dinner and maybe go for a walk. Love these days with Ava!

No comments:

Post a Comment