Thursday, November 6, 2014

Almost 2!

I can't believe that Ava is almost 2. I thought I would give a little update on her.


  • Ava is very polite. She says please, thank you, and you're welcome. For awhile she would say thank you and I would respond with you're welcome. Then she would say I'm welcome. Such a funny girl. Some how she learned to say bless you when I sneeze. She also started saying oh goodness when I cough. She loves prayers and says amen loudly.
  • While Ava is polite for the most part, she has also started pushing. She even will say push, push while doing it. She is very territorial and doesn't like other kids being close enough to take toys she is playing with. She throws tantrums when Mason leaves for work. She also started acting out when I was on best rest and had morning sickness in my first trimester.
  • I love now that she is older that I can read books that aren't baby board books. I got sick of some of the baby books. In October we read "Where the Wild Things Are" several times. Ava and I usually read a couple of books for nap time. Then I leave her to "read" the books herself and fall asleep. Ava loves story time at the library and is always the loudest kid there. She loves doing actions. I guess the staff and other parents like it because they are always commenting on how cute she is.
  • Ava loves being a helper and is often is cleaning. She likes to clean with rags and she is a good helper with the laundry. Mason bought her a toy broom and dust pan. She loves to sweep and will put her broom back into its place with the other broom. Sometimes she is a little too helpful. When the timer went off in the kitchen for dinner tonight, she ran off to the kitchen. When I got there, I found her with an oven mitt on and trying to open the oven door. I luckily caught her just in time.
"I'm washing!"


  • Ava has no idea that another baby is on the way. Hopefully she will adapt well with the change, because explaining that a baby is in mommy's tummy definitely doesn't work. The first time she met her cousin Clark she called him a baby doll. I wasn't too thrilled because obviously she wasn't understanding the difference between a baby and a doll. The second time we went to see Clark she seem to understand better and called him baby Clark. I think Clark being more active and not just sleeping all the time helped. She didn't care at all about me holding Clark and I held him quite a bit, so I'll take that as a good sign.
  • Ava has been fighting her nap a lot of days and some days she has been waking up super early. Definitely not fun for me.
  • Ava switches back and forth from being a good eater to being a terrible one. Some of her favorite foods are ketchup, applesauce, "nacks" (fruit snacks), spaghetti noodles, peanut butter, and "pots-za" (pizza).


No comments:

Post a Comment