Last half of my pregnancy:
- I felt that I barely got the second trimester energy back before I got sick. I got a cold, then bronchitis, then bronchiolitis (aka RSV). I was exhausted being constantly sick for over 3 months.
- Ava constantly kicked when I was pregnant with her. This boy was much calmer. When he did move, he would just stretch or readjust.
- This pregnancy I got SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction). I didn't figure it out for a long time. It started in the first trimester and I just thought I was uncomfortable. The pain became stronger as my pregnancy progressed. I decided to ask my sister-in-law about physical therapy since she gets it during her pregnancies. After talking to her, I decided to give physical therapy a try. My doctor wrote me a script. It had become very painful to get in and out of bed, to sit, to stand for long periods of time, and to walk. I avoided stairs as much as possible and I gave up on doing a lot of housework like carrying laundry baskets. Physical therapy helped a ton. I found out that I had a hip that had rotated. Hence my horrible waddling. My physical therapist put my hip back in place. I felt relief within the hour. It was amazing to walk normally. Unfortunately because of hormones I had to keep going back in since it kept slipping out of place. What I liked about physical therapy is that my therapist taught me certain exercises that helped a lot.
- The last month before I had our boy, I had painful contractions about every other day. There were 3 different days where I almost went to the hospital thinking that it was finally time. One time was while my mom was in Oregon and I was freaking out. My sister-in-law Kristen had her boy early (our due dates were only 3 days apart) and so my mom was in Oregon until the Monday before I had our boy. The day before I had our boy, I made Mason stay home from work thinking I was heading to the hospital for sure. After hours of painful, rhythmic contractions that didn't stop with position changes, drinking water, etc., they stopped out of nowhere. I found out I had something called prodromal labor. They used to think it was false labor, but it is now being slowly realized that it is real labor but for some reason the body stops the labor after hours of contractions instead of continuing on.
Started sewing blankets and burp clothes. I'm terrible at sewing so it was a huge deal to get nice rounded corners. I am quite proud of this one. My mom may have chuckled at me.
Ava getting ready for a baby in the house.
My body's version of dropped. This was 2 days before our boy arrived.







No comments:
Post a Comment