I absolutely loved Midway. I think if they put in a few more stores and a movie theater, I could definitely live there or perhaps have a cabin. I loved the Swiss theme. The mountains and the styles of the houses, hotels, and stores seemed to speak the Scandinavian part of me. We listened to "Howl's Moving Castle" music and it went perfectly with where we were. It was so relaxing and was such a change from the busy city life. I was seriously in heaven! I don't know why we waited so long to go there. It was a million times better then our trip to Park City for one of our other anniversary's.
On the day of our anniversary, Mason got me these flowers.
Then Friday, I packed up the kids stuff and sent them off to my parents. Ava had been looking forward to this sleepover for so long.
Saturday we slept in and then headed to Park City for lunch at the Loco Lizard. The food there was so good!
| I liked the green salsa and Mason liked the other one. |
We got to Midway with some time before we could check into our room, so we went to the top of the Homestead Crater to look down into it and then we drove around looking at all the houses.
After our swim, we went back to the Zermatt and wandered around the grounds.
We ate at the Wildfire Smokehaus at the resort. We were going to eat at the Z's Steak & Chop Haus but after seeing many mixed reviews and because were weren't too hungry that night we decided not to. We still got way more food then we could eat at the Wildfire. We had wanted to try the bakery at the resort but sadly that never happened.
When we set up our reservation we got breakfast vouchers as well. I recommend getting them because it was a lot cheaper to have the vouchers than paying for the meal when you order. Breakfast was at the Wildfire, so we ate there quite a bit. Their french toast was almost as good as Kneaders.
After breakfast, we headed to church.
We hadn't slept well the past week so after church we took a long nap. Sunday was a chill day. We went around to a few places and went to Heber. Some day we will have to go back with the kids and do the Heber Creeper.
![]() |
| Memorial Hill |
We returned in the evening. We ran into the same friend that I mentioned earlier and talked for a bit. Then Mason and I played some mini golf.
Then we went swimming. They had a hot tub with a waterfall and that was pretty cool. I was surprised that my curls lasted this well through the day because I forgot hair spray.
We headed home to go see our kids. We had a Memorial dinner at my parents and then headed home to go to bed early.

No comments:
Post a Comment