Sunday, May 16, 2010

E & K

Over the weekend, my cousin was married at the Logan Temple. 

Both Mason and I were able to go. We were excited because it was our first time to the Logan Temple.


It was a bright and beautiful day.




The Newly Weds





We soon found out that the photographer was my dad's cousin. Small world! She is in purple and gray with the backpack.






Family Pictures













The boys in this picture were supposed to lean in to kiss my cousin on the cheek, which didn't really ever happen.


At the luncheon/reception






The Cake Decorators





It was such a wonderful wedding! I was so happy to see my cousin get married. The couple was so happy and excited. I also heard that another cousin proposed that weekend. So Mason and I will be heading to another wedding in St George in the fall.

Some side stories from Logan:

Well I've been through Logan a couple of times, but never really paid attention. I never realized how small Logan was with so much farmland. Mason and I acted like we were on some big adventure going there. Here is a list of things we thought was exciting.

* We counted the roadkill, lol! Going to Logan and back we saw 15 carcases on the road.
* Well there were lots and lots of fields. One field that we drove by was completely covered in dandelions. It was the most we have ever seen. There had to be at least a thousand or so.
* I have seen many trains, but this was the first time I can remember stopping for one. It was huge, but luckily we caught the tail end of it so we didn't have to wait long.
* People at the temple kept talking about a place called Bluebird. We had no idea what they were talking about. Anyways on our adventures we saw a Bluebird candy store. We stopped in and they explained that they were the original candy store and that there was also a restaurant too. We bought some chocolate there and continued on our journey.
* My cousin registered at a place called Smithfield Implements. We came across it and toured the store.
* We kept passing a place that had a sign out in front that said "All About Socks." We had no idea what that meant and were tempted to check it out, but we were getting short on time.
* And lastly, we saw several cows and horses of course, but as we arrived to the church for the luncheon and reception, we saw a guy on a horse that was leading a donkey. Mason and I laughed so hard. Strangest thing to see right next to church. We're definitely city-folk, lol.

So as you can see it was a very fun filled day with many adventures and being able to see my cousin get married in the Logan Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment