Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mysterious Molecule

So I've been meaning to give the answer to the question "What is this Molecule?" for a long time and now I'm finally getting around to it.

Okay so you remember this:

The shirt that Mason gave me for Valentine's.

And I asked everyone to guess what it was.


Well Melody was pretty close. She asked it is was sugar and I told her that she was on the right path.

I was going to do a poll on my blog, but I figured it would be way too easy to guess if given a multiple choice answer.


SO HERE IS THE ANSWER:

drumroll please...




The Molecule is...



THEOBROMINE


Wait you say....


There is no Bromine (Br) in that molecule!!!

Well right you are! I even said the same thing to Mason and made him double check the name on the packaging list. It even confused my dad. But it really is called theobromine. Weird, I know. Don't know whoever decided to name it that. Really doesn't make sense. But whatever...

WAIT A SEC!

What does theobromine have to do with sugar???

Well nothing really that I know of.

Theobromine is found in chocolate and it is the reason Mason bought the shirt for me. Chocolate, sugar... down the same path, right?

Anyways the point is: isn't it AWESOME that every time I wear that shirt I am wearing CHOCOLATE?! Cool, right? Okay so I'm a total nerd. And yes, I do like Chemistry.

Cute shirt + chocolate + nerdy 
molecule structure 
TOTAL AWESOMENESS!!!
Am I right or what?!



See, even the packaging agrees with me :)

Anyways I LOVE this shirt! Thanks again Mason!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment