This is a post about my own experience with morning sickness.
If it's something you rather not read, feel free to skip this post.
I eventually discovered there were only 5 foods I could stand to eat:
1. Celery
2. Watermelon
3. Cheerios
4. Mashed potatoes (but not baked or any other kind of potato)
5. Vanilla pudding
I munched on these snacks all day. Everything else I ate tasted absolutely terrible. And yes, I still threw up with the above foods. And yes, I tried a lot of tips and ideas that are in pregnancy books and websites. I tried medicine. The medicine worked, but it was harder for me to function at work. So I decided not to take medicine because I was extremely busy at work and needed to be fully focused, even if it meant running to the bathroom all day. In case you were wondering, yes I lost weight. I have now gained it back and I am at positive 3 pounds. One thing that helped the most with my morning sickness was to stop drinking water. I instead drank powerade for my whole 1st tri and part of the 2nd, which helped a lot. The beginning of my second tri I tried propel and vitamin water but it still made me sick. I'm so happy that now I'm able to eat food and enjoy it! I'm also back to drinking water again, YAY!

No comments:
Post a Comment