On Monday we drove up to our campsite which was just outside Jackson Hole. I had stayed at this campground before and remembered falling asleep to the soothing sound of the nearby river. We were able to pick our spot which was nice for me being pregnant, so of course I asked for a site close to a restroom. The not so nice part was there was a big family next to us with annoying, loud teenager boys. Forget knowing how to whisper, these boys didn't even know how to talk in a normal voice. They kept us up until midnight the first night yelling and laughing with no thought of the other campers around them. We should have complained, but I was thinking well that's not too bad. Unfortunately they stayed up even later the next night, well past two in the morning. I was very unhappy that night as I already wake up several times in the early morning to go to the bathroom and this meant no sleep for me. What really made Mason and I mad, is that on the second night the parents around midnight left to take their annoying barking dogs to the river and left the kids to do whatever they wanted. When they got back the mom yelled a little to tell the boys to shut up, but it hardly did a thing. It wasn't until 2 that the dad started yelling and swearing at them, that the boys started to clean up, which was noisy too, and head for bed. I was ready to slap the boys upside the head and Mason was ready to go over there and terrorize their camp, possibly by pretending to be a bear.
Well backtracking, on Monday after Mason and I set up camp we headed to Jackson Hole. I had been to Jackson Hole a lot as a kid and didn't realize how small it was and how fast we would finish everything. But we enjoyed just being able to walk around and relax.
![]() |
| At Ripley's Believe It or Not. Mason was sad that they destroyed all these toys. |
The "Shoot Out"
| Knife Fight |
We headed to Albertson's after the show to pick up a few things. When we entered "Albertson's" into the GPS, we got a kick out of it saying "Talbertson's." The GPS also liked to call Buffalo Way, "Buff-Aloha Way."
Earlier that day Mason asked if we would see any wildlife in the Tetons and I said no. I said I was sure we would see plenty of wildlife in Yellowstone, but probably not here. Well I was wrong. There was a friendly buffalo to greet us into our camp that evening. I joked that night in text to my dad that we had invited a buffalo into our tent to party with us that night as well as some noisy bears (the teenage boys).
| Our greeter. He may look far away, but he was only a couple feet from us and heading our way. |
Some cute fun squirrels had joined us for our breakfast that morning too.



No comments:
Post a Comment