Saturday, August 25, 2012

Yellowstone Lake, Upper and Lower Falls

Thursday we had a very busy day. We first headed to Yellowstone Lake.

For Bradley.

Then we headed to Upper Falls. We saw a lot of wildlife while in Yellowstone, especially bison.

For Upper Falls we only went to the brink.



Next we headed to Lower Falls and ran into... you guessed it more bison.
This guy was pretty cool about just posing for the camera... or so I thought. All of a sudden after this picture,  this buffalo decided to come towards us. I wouldn't say charge by any means, but it was really quick. I hurried to roll up the window and Mason at a good pace moved the car forward. The car behind us however did not spot this buffalo. They were busy taking pictures of other buffalo and just barely realize in time to put their head back in the window before this buffalo came at them. It would not be fun to be hit by this guy.




We took the Uncle Tom's trail which later, when we got back home, we found out that it is not recommended that pregnant women go on this because it is very strenuous, but hey I thought it was easier than Jenny Lake. Not to make it sound like this trail is easy, because it certainly isn't and it is definitely a lot harder to climb the hundreds of steep stairs while pregnant. If you are worried about our baby, don't be. I had an ultrasound after this trip and our baby girl is completely healthy.

I didn't take these next two pictures.
[via]

[via]





Next we headed to Artist Point for another view of Lower falls. We spotted these fun old cars. Later on our trip we counted over 40 cars that drove by us in just a few minutes that were old and/or unique.





No comments:

Post a Comment