Tuesday, November 19, 2013

10 Months

Ava has been at a really fun and good stage.

She is getting good at hand gestures.

One of her favorites is come here. My brother Brad was surprised with Ava on Halloween. Ava was crawling away into another room and Brad called "come back Ava." She turned her head back and motioned for him to come to her. Now when I let Ava loose in the house she signals for me to follow everywhere she goes. It's so funny.

She is getting so much better about blowing kisses and waving bye-bye. Sometimes it takes a little while with strangers though. She'll often blow kisses when we say "I love you."

She claps whenever she sees other people clapping, when she hears "yay," or when a movie ends. Just one Sunday, she woke up from her nap. I went and got her. We had been watching a movie and it had a few minutes left. Right when the credit were rolling, she starting clapping. We have no idea how she knew to clap at that moment.

She will motion when she wants to be picked up.

Ava recently watched me wash my face. I rubbed the face wash in my hands and Ava was watching me to copy me. At first she thought I was clapping but quickly corrected herself and started rubbing her hands together. I was shocked at how fast she learned it. Then at church Ava and I had finished a cookie and I was brushing the crumbs from my hands and Ava started copying me. The ladies in Relief Society thought it was so funny that they started rubbing their hands together to see if she would do it again.

I think that we have an organizer on our hands. Okay maybe not because Ava loves to destroy. But Ava is figuring out how to put her toys in certain places, especially in boxes or on shelves. But of course the next second she undoes her works and leaves the mess to make another some where else. One day at church she had fun putting her toys under the chair. If a toy rolled out of the lines of the bars, she would get upset and try again.

Ava is starting to be more of a picky eater. She is getting not only choosy about tastes but textures too. She also has gotten really fussy about being in her booster. I guess she just still wants to play while she eats.

I forgot to mention this for the 9 month, but Ava gets really mad when you take away things from her. I try to switch stuff but she usually throws down what I give and is pretty mad.

Ava finally lets me take a shower without screaming. It's been great. I can also use the blow dryer and vacuum. She has also been playing more by herself so I can get more things done. I usually have to be in the baby arena with her for a few minutes and then I can get out and move about, leaving her to play.

She's been getting curious about the stairs and trying to figure them out. The other day I was loading up the car and left the door open. She was so proud that she made it down the first stair to the first landing. She however quickly climbed back in when I went back in the house.

She loves being tickled.

She is back to spitting her formula out of her mouth. Then it gets all over her, her outfit, me, and everything else, yuck!

I can tell Ava to get certain toys and she'll go grab them. She usually has her own noises for them too. She will growl for her doggies and most other animals too. Cookie Monster is kind of a growl with a "ck" sound as she tries to say cookie. Darth Vader she kind of does the first part of his breathing sound. I tried to look up how you would spell that sound, but apparently no one knows on the Internet, so I'll just have to hope you get what I mean.

She is getting better at books, meaning she doesn't put them in her mouth the first second she gets ahold of one. There is hope!

She loves, loves, loves getting her teeth brushed.

Ava loves to dance. Some music came on a show and my dad was shocked when Ava turned to the tv and started dancing. When the song was over, my dad search for another channel with some music so Ava could dance some more.







This girl is so hard to get pictures of. She moves so much!
Throw pumpkin at daddy!



No comments:

Post a Comment