Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Jacob of Avondale

I won Jacob of Avondale from Lindsey from At the Beech House. I was so excited to win. I really wanted to read this book after Lindsey's review of it. You can read her book review here. She then got an interview with the author and did a giveaway. I had been entering in a lot of giveaways and not winning, so I was so happy to finally win something. I think it changed my luck a bit, because right after I won one of The Sweet Tooth Fairy's giveaways. Isn't it great to win? Thank you so much Lindsey for this book!


I read the first half of the book really fast and I also liked one of the main character's name, Raoul. How cool is the name Raoul?

I gave the book 4.5/5 stars. I am excited to read this to Ava when she is older. It's funny now that I am a mom, I judge kids books on whether or not I will want to read it to Ava.

Here is my full review from Goodreads.

Laura Allen's Reviews > Jacob of Avondale

Jacob of Avondale by P. Craig Packer
 
by 
3503569
's review
Nov 17, 13  ·  edit

Read from November 13 to 16, 2013

4.5/5 stars. This was a very creative and fun book. I really enjoyed it and the little romance was cute. I think that it is a book best for late elementary and older. I did think, however, that everything was too easy and I thought it was weird that Jacob didn't seem to have any fear and didn't question much. But overall I thought it was really good book.






















If you would like to purchase Jacob of Avondale, it can be purchased here.

Lindsey has been doing lots of giveaways on her blog. Her current giveaway are these darling earrings from Jewelry Everyday.




If you would like to have a chance to win these, be sure to enter here!

Follow At the Beech House on Facebook to keep current on Lindsey's blog and giveaways!

No comments:

Post a Comment