I love this craft I made for Valentine's. I made this craft after I was looking through a magazine and came across this.
I thought that the painting would look so much more interesting if it had a word in it. I decided on LOVE and XOXO but having the O's as hearts. So far I have only made the XOXO but the vinyl for LOVE is cut out and ready to go. I was going to buy a canvas like they did in the magazine, but I had a piece of cardboard that I used instead. So much cheaper and it's not like anyone knows. Well, now you know. Some day I'll get around to the LOVE.
For the paint colors I only had white, light pink, hot pink, and red-orange. I mixed the paints to get the colors I wanted. I first painted the cardboard white. The magazine said that they drew a border in pencil so that they knew that outline. I also found that to be helpful. After drawing the outline, I put down the vinyl. Then I began to paint. I started in the middle instead of the outside. I didn't want to get to the middle and not know what to do if the space wasn't right. By going inside out, the only thing I had to worry about was the borders, but the nice thing about this painting is it's not supposed to be perfect. Also since I was using the same brush I didn't have to take time washing out the brush because I was going from lighter to darker. I let the painting dry overnight and then took the vinyl off.
![]() |
| I put the vinyl letters on the bathroom wall. It looked too cool to throw away. |


No comments:
Post a Comment