Saturday, March 15, 2014

Update Overload

So I meant to give an update when Ava turned 1, but that never happened. So I'll just try to tell some new things with Ava where I last left off.

Ava started walking a few days after her first birthday. It wasn't long until she was running all over the place.

Her favorite word right now is uh-oh. Sometimes she says uh-uh-oh or uh-uh-uh-oh, haha! She also loves to say oh-wow over and over. Sentences she likes to say are "where it go", "who is it", "hey dad", and "oh yeah." She used to say "what's this" and "what's that" all the time. She also says socks and shoes. She loves trying to put on her socks and shoes.

She is a picky eater. We finally got her to drink whole milk. She does love treats though and there is no way to sneak and eat them without her knowing.



She follows me around all day and loves to copy everything I do. I had bronchitis at the end of January and now every time she gets ahold of a tissue she will wipe her nose and sometimes even try to blow it. Also when she finds a paper towel she will go around trying to clean furniture by wiping them down.

She gets out diapers, the changing pad, and wipes when she wants her diaper changed. For awhile she even tried to fold up the changing pad. There is a vlog that I watched for a week or so (It's Judy's Life). Anyways they had their little girl aways throw away her own diapers. I always thought it was gross. Unfortunately, Ava became interested lately in throwing away used diapers. She will grab it so fast and run off to throw it over the baby gate and near the garbage can. Then Ava loves to signal that she wants her hands washed. For the most part I have given up on trying to stop her. I'm hoping it will come to an end soon.

Ava loves to get kisses. She will turn her cheek and expect kisses. She also has a kissy face. She will use it sometimes when she wants to kiss or be kissed but mostly when she is upset and isn't getting her way. She'll also make a kissy face or shake her head no when she doesn't want to eat something.

Ava is really motherly. I didn't expect it to happen so young. She loves dolls and will carry them around. She gives the baby dolls kisses and wraps a blanket around them. She also sometimes tries to give them a bottle. It's really cute. She also loves stuffed animals.
She often tries to hug and kiss other babies, especially boys.

She loves blankets now and usually always has one. Her crib which used to not have anything in it now has millions of blankets. She likes to pile up and arrange her blankets before sleeping on them. Sometimes Ava insists on having a blanket at lunch and tries to wipe her messy face on it, oh joy! Sometimes she is a bit too sophisticated.


Ava makes the funniest noises while playing with toys. She already does imaginative play with them. She loves LEGOs and all of dad's other toys. In this way she is very much a tomboy.
She also loves looking at dogs and babies in books. We have been letting Ava pick out her own books at the library every week.


Ava has started to go to nursery early. Mason and I teach primary, the same class that I taught when I was pregnant with Ava. One Sunday Mason had to work and I knew it would be too much to try and  keep Ava from eating the crayons and teach the class, so the last few minutes of sharing time I dropped Ava off at nursery. She has been doing so well that we keep dropping her off. Ava loves singing time in primary though, so we keep her for that part. She tries to conduct, sing, and dance. Also my sister-in-law Kim is also in primary so she often gives us a hand.


















No comments:

Post a Comment