Thursday, July 2, 2015

The First Days

We were moved into the maternity ward. I think it was about 1 in the morning that Milen received his first bath. Then we settled down to get some sleep and I was quite happy that we got sleep. Of course Milen fed every couple hours but he did really well that first night. The nurses came in the morning and I was so happy to say that our baby slept. They looked at me like I was crazy, because you know newborns sleep, right? Well not Ava. The first night with Ava was horrible. She did not sleep at all. Didn't help that I was up the whole night and day before. It was nice to deliver at night with Milen since I'm a night person and it helped that he is a very easy going baby. Also Mason was a huge help. He was a pro this time. Before having a baby, I didn't think that I would want Mason so involved in the deliveries. Now after going through it twice, I love that Mason was there for every moment and that he helped me through it all.





We spent a very relaxing Sunday together. We sent out texts when it was normal hours and when we finally got a chance. My dad had gone to his bishopric meetings and was quite worried that he hadn't heard any news yet. I just didn't want to wake everyone up so early, especially my brothers that are a hour behind.

Everyone of course had church so we had very few visitors. The hospital still had a ban on children in the maternity ward so Ava was not allowed to come meet her brother. My mom showed Ava a picture of Milen, but she didn't care. She kept wanting to see a picture of her cousin Laila with the Easter bunny instead, haha! Ava did understand some of the hospital visit. Her favorite movie is "My Neighbor Totoro." In the movie, the mother is sick in the hospital. Ava told people at my parents' ward that I was sick in the hospital. People asked her if I was coming home with her baby brother and she would say yes. Whether or not she completely understood that a baby was coming home, she adapted well to the change.




A photographer took pictures of Milen that day and I loved the pictures. With Ava the pictures weren't that great so I wasn't tempted to buy any of them. Milen's were so good and I was really tempted. I begged my brother Brad to take some pictures so I wouldn't have to buy any expensive ones. Brad did an amazing job like always. 


Love seeing my man with our boy.

I look so terrible in this picture.
I looked even worse in the photographer's picture.
But hey, it is what it is.
At least Mason and Milen look great.
And I don't want to forget the memory.
At this hospital they do labs really early in the morning. I think it was 3 am on Monday. Mason's second cousin works at the hospital and had been looking for our name. We were thrilled that she was working that morning and she was able to do Milen's labs. Later she came to our room so she could visit with me. It was so sweet and thoughtful of her!

That morning we checked out of the hospital. It was nice not to stay long. I was missing Ava and couldn't wait for Ava to meet her brother. My mom picked up lunch and brought Ava over. Ava was quite excited and was thrilled at meeting her baby brother. We all took a nice long nap together and then had some more visitors.







Then we ordered pizza and watched a movie together. Our first Family Home Evening as a family of four. I looked around at my family and it was one of the most perfect moments of my life. My life felt so complete. I have loved having two kids and our family feels so much fuller since Milen joined it. I love that Ava has a little brother. She is so sweet to him. Giving him kisses and hugs every day. Their relationship is so wonderful. Two kids can be a little demanding at times and I have had some hard days, but I have loved it so far.
A photo posted by Mason Allen (@spacemason) on

No comments:

Post a Comment