Here are our adventures for May.
Ava is starting to let me do her hair more. It's awesome if she keeps it in during the car ride.
We went to the park this day.
Notice Ava pulled her elastic out.
Ava sat in this tractor forever.
We're working on smiling for pictures. Silly girl!
At my parents that evening. Ava loves my dad's office, particularly his computer. I walked in and asked her what she was doing. Her response: "I'm working on my pewder."
Zoo Day.
I got this tiger outfit from our Primary Presidency.
Of course I had to put it on Milen for the zoo.
Ava's favorite is the elephants.
Yep, still working on that smile.
She loves the carousel, I promise!
My favorite dinosaur, Diabloceratops!
Kids were sleepy from the day.
Ava one morning. Poor girl was tired.
Milen wore this outfit once.
Milen's first church experience.
Love this blanket. It was made by my Relief Society President.
Don't need batteries when you have an older sister.
Ava loves to rock Milen.
She also loves putting blankets over Milen's face.
At first it started out just as giving him blankets,
but lately she thinks he knows how to play peek-a-boo.
Swim day. We have lots of these in the summer.
Ava gathered all her dinosaurs and cave men toys before bed one night.
We went to IHOP one night. Ava was having lots of fun.
Our boy getting quite big. He was in 6 month clothing and size 2 diapers by 6 weeks!
Mother's day weekend. I got my free cupcake from Sweet Tooth Fairy.
Mason and I also went to a movie and dinner that day. It was our first date since Milen was born. We decided to celebrate our anniversary early because my parents would be out of town our anniversary weekend. Michael and Kristen had picked that weekend to bless their boy Trace so my parents would be in Oregon for that.
I hadn't pumped any milk since the hospital stay, so we kept having to run back to my parents so I could nurse Milen every couple of hours.
We went to Red Lobster for dinner. I was craving it for some reason. I got steak, coconut shrimp and lobster mac and cheese. Yes, my poor steak came out burnt. I wasn't happy because I ordered a medium since I wasn't pregnant anymore and I paid extra to have the steak. We had a group of 20+ people next to us. I blame it on them.
On Sunday, Mason made me blueberry waffles. I told him we could have them after church because we have the 9 AM schedule and I'm not hungry that early in the morning.
Left: Ava's gift she made in nursery last year.
Middle: rose from Mason's.
Right: Ava's nursery gift this year.
Mother's Day family picture. It turns out we all ended up wearing blue and white.
Gifts Ava and I made for the grandmas.
Turns out it is hard to paint numbers and letters on oven mittens.
Milen started blowing bubbles.
I took the picture a bit late.
He had a whole beard of bubbles.
I pulled out some corn starch one day for something. I don't remember what. I caught Ava eyeing it a few times. She loves corn and popcorn and spotted the corn on the container. I tried to explain it wasn't something she wanted. I knew I should have taken it out of her reach but I didn't. Then this happened.
Ava asks often to hold Milen and for me to take a picture.
Milen is constantly eating his hands. As a result, he doesn't need a binkie very often, but sometimes it is very much needed.
Ava as a newborn would try to eat her hands but would cry because it hurt her. Milen can't seem to stuff enough of his fingers and hands in his mouth.
Have I mentioned that I love sleeping babies :)
Milen is so much better at sleeping than Ava was.
Another morning of fun.
Ava loves to dress up.
I usually have to limit her to one dress and two tutus at a time.
I thought this pose was so cute.
Tough guy.
Mason took Ava to Brick Slopes one day. It's a Lego event.
Afterward Mason's mom and sister met them at Wheeler Farm.
Daniel Tiger was supposed to be there and Ava loves Daniel Tiger.
They got there too late to join the massive line, but Ava got some stickers that she loves.
If I had known about the Daniel Tiger event earlier, they would have gone to it first and then gone to Brick Slopes. Oh well.
I had my former coworker cut and color my hair again. This time she cut my hair too short for me to put it in a pony tail. She asked me if it was okay to go as short as the picture I had shown her of what I wanted. I didn't think it was that short, haha! I really have ended up liking the length. It definitely has taken more time to do my hair than just pulling it back. But I'm getting better at it and have invested in dry shampoo so I don't have to do my hair every single day. Don't have time to do that with kids.
I posted this picture to instagram with this update:
Thought I would give an update here since I've been bad about blogging.
Ava sayings: "that's true" "I want to hold my baby (Milen)" "I'm a robot. Beep, beep, bo, bop. 8, 9, 10" "Thank you much" "I'm Princess Ava!" #AvaBirdie
Milen started smiling at a month and is wearing 6 month clothing already. Ava loves her baby brother and Milen has started to watch everything that his big sister does. #chunkymonkeyMJ
Ava sayings: "that's true" "I want to hold my baby (Milen)" "I'm a robot. Beep, beep, bo, bop. 8, 9, 10" "Thank you much" "I'm Princess Ava!" #AvaBirdie
Milen started smiling at a month and is wearing 6 month clothing already. Ava loves her baby brother and Milen has started to watch everything that his big sister does. #chunkymonkeyMJ
Anniversary Weekend!
I had Mason take some time off for our anniversary weekend. Also it was a holiday weekend so he had one day off as a result of that. Since my parents were out of town (and we had a newborn that I was nursing so my parents couldn't have taken him anyways) we decided to have a celebration of the beginning of our family with just the four of us. I was thinking about going to Park City or something like that, but we ended up just staying at home and doing day activities.
The first day wasn't too exciting. Just some shopping that had to be done like buying a double stroller.
The next day we went hiking.
I had been starting to get the hang of how to put on the wrap at this point.
One thing is Milen likes to have his head out of the wrap if he is awake. He won't let me tuck it in unless he is asleep. Which means I didn't have both hands free since one was being used to hold his head. Notice him eating his hand.
People commented on how cute Ava was hiking with an umbrella and a tutu. I didn't even think how funny it was until they mentioned it.
Also around this time Ava was obsessed with Donkey Kong. She kept saying "Okay!" in a tough voice on this hike like Donkey Kong does in Donkey Kong 64. It kept Mason and I laughing.
We went to the Zoo (again).
This time Ava loved the T-Rex.
Pretending to be scared.
Our photo got bombed, haha!
Wearing his tiger shirt again, of course.
Ava is always sneaking things in with Milen.
I got a carrier for Mason to use. I figured he wouldn't be interested in learning how the wrap works. I've used the carrier a few times and I like it. Mason has yet to try it.
Funny boy
Ava got a toliet paper roll from the bathroom and wanted to be up by Milen.
She thought it was so funny to put it on his foot. Poor second child.
Ava loves counting Milen's piggies.
I don't think Milen likes it so much though.
I attempted curling my hair for church. If I look tired its because I had just woken up from a nap haha! I took a picture because I thought the curls turned out cute. Just need to find the time to curl my hair more often.
Milen turned two months old! He went to his two month appointment where we learned he was over 15 pounds (98 percentile) and 24 inches (85 percentile). That's why I call him Chunky Monkey MJ.
![]() |
He thinks his hands are quite tasty and has the cutest cooing noises.When he is sad, he sticks out his lower lip and pouts. |



No comments:
Post a Comment