I took the kids to Milen's 2 week appointment. There I was shocked that he weighed almost 10 pounds. He also had grown an inch. Our pediatrician was surprised too and quite happy that Milen was doing so well despite me being in the hospital for so long.
Does this boy only look 2 weeks old to you???
Milen loves baths. He does much better than Ava did as a newborn. The first bath we gave him he cried for only a minute. Then he stretched out his legs to put them in the water and we could tell he was enjoying it.
Ava made waffles at my mom's and loved it. She loves anything kitchen related and was thrilled to be making actual food. She talked about it for days.
This was my first official day at home alone with two kids. It went pretty well.
We started running into problems with Milen outgrowing his clothes. Way too fast. I also forced him to wear newborn diapers for way too long. I finally had to give up and move him into size 1. I only bought 1 box and didn't even get through it all. This became a quite common theme though.
We finally got rid of my old car. It was long over due. It was a bit sad to see my trusty old car being pulled away.
Couldn't believe how much snow we got this day.
Two days later, haha!
Ava got jealous of Milen, so she ran to her room to get her blanket and pillow so that she could join him. It was quite fun. Like a mini sleep over.
I was changing Milen's diaper before I was going to feed him. Ava catches onto things too quickly. She grabbed my bobby and told me she was ready to feed Milen. Haha!
This girl is definitely obsessed with her baby brother.
About this time I realized that Milen and I had thrush. It didn't take as long for me to realize as it did with Ava, but still I thought I was taking precautions this time around and so it still took awhile to realize. It dawned on me that I had been on antibiotics for 4 days straight and I never took a probiotic during that time. Of course we had thrush.
Thrush was harder on me than Ava, I think, but it still made her a fussy baby. She probably would have been a lot better if I had known about thrush and gotten it taken care of early.
Thrush was extremely hard on Milen. It started out that I could tell he wasn't nursing as well. He was born a great nurser so it kind of puzzled me at first until it clicked for me that it was thrush. Once I realized it, I quickly got a prescription. I did not want us to suffer for long. I wanted it cleared up as soon as possible. Still the first prescription did not seem to be working. Milen was getting fussier every night. For about a week Milen would scream from 3-6 every morning, my worse hours to try and stay awake. I would try everything and nothing would work. It was very sad to see my boy so upset. He would only fall asleep after being so exhausted from screaming. We knew that he was normally an easy going baby, so we kept hoping that the medicine would work so we could have our good natured baby back. With Ava the medicine cleared up everything in only a couple of days but Milen it just didn't seem to be working.
We bought a swing one night hoping it would work. Ava hated swings but I had a feeling Milen would like it. Before at night I would put him in my Solly baby wrap and have to walk around. At 4 in the morning though it was quite hard to be walking around. Milen liked the swing but not for those 3 hours. Still the swing was worth buying because we could at least get he to sleep when he was fussy at other times of the day.
Mason had gone back to work and so I would stay in the other room at night trying to get Milen to be quiet so Mason could sleep. But once it was 6 am I would wake up Mason to take Milen so I could get some sleep. During this week I only got about 2 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. Just a half hour here or there. It was one of the hardest weeks of my life. People at Mason's work are older and were trying to tell Mason that Milen need rice cereal and a bottle since he was crying in the night and clearly he was starving. Ha! As if Milen wasn't getting enough. He is one chunky baby.
I was thinking of having the prescription changed to something else since it didn't seem to be working but my dad said to get a refill and try for another couple of days. We got the refill and it worked fast! It cleared up the thrush infection within about 2 days and it was so wonderful. Once it was cleared up Milen slept not just through the 3-6 am block but to 9 in the morning and went promptly back to sleep after that feeding. We had our baby back! It was great he slept so well because Mason had a garage sale that morning with some of our neighbors. I slept through most of the yard sale and came out around noon.
Milen stuck to the new schedule for quite awhile and I loved it. The only problem is I haven't been able to change back so quickly to a normal schedule. I'm working on it, but my schedule is so crazy and I'm always tired even though I do have a baby that sleeps so I should have no excuse.
Our boy smiles a lot.
More clothes he was growing out of.
I decided to document this outfit. Ava wore this onesie and I had wanted Milen to wear it too. When I put it on it was tight so I knew he would only wear it once.
We went for a walk and Ava was quite happy with her stick that she found.
Again, growing out of more clothes.
Ava Princess in her princess jammies.
Another outfit of Ava's that Milen only wore once.
Ava fell asleep on the window sill behind the couch one morning. She had been looking out the window at the ducks in our yard.
And then our boy turned 1 month old.


No comments:
Post a Comment