When Milen was about 2 months old, whenever he was hungry he would coo and smile at me. Like he was trying to charm me. Cutest thing ever!
Milen had horrible reflux. When ever he spit up, it would be so bad that I would not just have to change my outfit but I would have to hop into the shower. Luckily he never seemed too upset by it. Our pediatrician recommended putting him on his stomach at an angle (like when your baby lays on you tummy to tummy) after his feedings. It's hard to tell, but Milen is at an angle. He would still spit up a bit but not as much, so it was a success. I also used a small firm pillow underneath that seemed to help. He also recommended this so that I could chase after Ava instead of having to hold him for a certain amount of time so he wouldn't puke. As you can tell, he seemed to like because he would often fall asleep.
Our library has been closed all summer for a remodel. I hate it! So one night we finally headed to another location. I decided to check out some books since it had been awhile since we had anything new. Big mistake. It was a hassle to get the books back (and I swear I never got my usual reminder) and so I ended up with some late fees, ugh! So we haven't been back. I'm thinking we need to go to another location that is closer to us.
Of course later I found out that they have had reading times still at our library in the basement but it's at a day/time that doesn't work for me.
After the library we headed to the grocery store. Ava loves crunchy vegetables. She got her Grandpa Olsen's love of green peppers.
| "Can I have green pepper please? It's my favorite!" |
After my parents got back from my nephew Trace's blessing, they gave us some bags of clothing from Melody. I began going through them one morning and Ava wanted to wear the coat even though it was boiling hot.
This boy is so chubby, despite what his shirt says. Okay, so he actually is surprising strong so it must be muscle, haha!
| "Don't call me chubby. I'm all muscle!" |
Ava is so funny.
"Don't take a picture of me!"
"Take a picture of me!"
Love this picture.
So cute with his hands. He is constantly eating them.
Notice the bibdana. This boy drools all day long. So much drool. I love the bibdanas because otherwise his whole outfit gets drenched, but I need a million more because he goes through them so fast.
This was cute. We came home one night and Ava cuddled right up to Mason.
The first Saturday in June we went to a family reunion.
My Grandma let me take her picture which is huge. She hates getting her picture taken. I think she let me in exchange to holding Milen.
Sunday we had a BBQ at my parents.
This girl often says that she wants to be a doctor.
My brother stole my phone and started taking pictures.
Ava went around my parent's yard, picking flowers, and giving one to everyone.
I got some cute Sunday pictures that day.
Tasting herbs from my parent's garden.
Ava thought it was funny that she put one of her headbands on Milen. Poor second child.
I told Ava to keep her books in their case and only pull one out at a time. This was the face that I got.
A typical lunch for Ava. Peanut butter sandwich, banana, carrots, red peppers, pepperoni, and hardboiled eggs. She also usually has an egg-gurt (gogurt).
Ava's chair gets so dirty. She is so messy and she throws food everywhere. I find it easiest to take her chair outside during the summer and spray it down.
Ava did a lot of swimming in our backyard in June because it was so hot. I stopped taking pictures, because I decided it was too much to try and cox Ava into a swim diaper and swimsuit every time, so I just let her run around in her regular diaper.
Ava was sweet and got Milen his blanket and care bear.
Mason ran a half marathon the second Saturday in June. Read about it here.
Ava got jealous of Milen getting his picture taken so she joined in the fun.
Organizing Ava's clothing and putting away the clothes that are too small. It is a long process that I have to do about every couple of months. This doesn't even include all of her clothing like her dresses and sweaters. I'm very lucky that Melody sends me so much clothing.
Her drawers all organized. Some of these have 2 layers of clothing.
Milen is such a chub. This is another favorite picture of mine. We called Milen "chunky boy." Ava would say "conky boy."
Dusty and Jerica asked us on a double night with them to see Jurassic World. It was nice to have a night off from the kids.
Finally got some good smiling pictures of Milen. He is quite the happy boy.
Ava lately has been coming to our room at night claiming that she has had a dream. We let her come in our bed a few times. After that we just told her that she is supposed to have dreams at night and took her back to her bed. She finally stopped after awhile.
Yes, poor Mason is on the edge of the bed.
| It's hard to see but Ava is wearing an orange tutu over her jammies. |
On Father's Day, we had Milen's baby blessing. You can read about it here.
The next day after the blessing, Ava already made the house a mess before noon. Ava is such a messy girl. In fact early that month she told me "I making a mess mommy. I know I'm making a mess." Yet other times she freaks out about being messy. She has started cleaning up on her own occassionally without me even asking which is awesome.
She also learned how to wear high heels.
Ava's dinosaurs invaded her castle.
One day my mom and I took the kids to a movie theater. I had gotten the day and time mixed up, so we didn't end up the movie I had planned. We ended up seeing the movie Home. In it the girl explains "knock, knock" jokes to the alien. After that Ava came up with her own joke.
Ava: "knock, knock!"
Mason: "who's there?"
Ava: "Ava!"
Mason: "Ava who?"
Ava: "Ava Princess!"
Mason and Ava then added some more to the joke later on, so now it continues:
Ava: "open the door."
Mason: "come on in."
Ava: "k, shut the door."
We had a fun play date with some friends.
Milen was so happy to be in AC after the play date.
Love this picture. It was how I felt that day. So hot in our house.
Milen watches his sister. I love seeing their relationship.
And here comes the drool.
Always eating his hands.
Jerica was expecting her second boy on Ezra's birthday, so she decided to have Ezra's birthday party early. Mason worked that day, so we came at the very end of the party. She had a dinosaur party for him.
Milen's dinosaur onesie that he wore for the party.
Sometimes Ava wakes up really early and so I try to get her to take a morning nap, usually in our room. I came in to find Ava sleeping like this.
She later readjusted to sleep on top of the pillow.
Milen turned 3 months old and I posted this:

No comments:
Post a Comment