The first thing the girls did was dress up of course. Laila was Sleeping Beauty and Ava Cinderella. I'm pretty sure they watch Cinderella every day.
We bought some baby food with turkey in it for Milen so he wouldn't be left out. He loved it!
Mason made yams for our feast.
After our yummy meal, the kids played. Milen tried to devour this baby. David and Brad played Star Wars Battlefront.
![]() |
| We forgot to put on a bibdana this day, oops! |
I have decided that I want to start the tradition with my kids that after Thanksgiving, they get their Christmas jammies and a Christmas book. It never made sense to me to open these things on Christmas Eve. I always thought that it should be enjoyed all of December. So this year I got thinking and decided why not have a tradition to open them on the day after Thanksgiving or December 1st. Well I had quite decided but my mom gave each family a Christmas book (signed too) and so that took care of the book. I decided that I officially would do this as a tradition every year. Unfortunately I didn't wrap up the jammies like I wanted to (I bought them on clearance after last year's Christmas), but I just put the kids in them the next night.
The girls played all day and then it came time for bed. Ava wanted to sleep over, but we decided that it would be a better night the next night because Mason wanted to decorate the tree.
We brought Milen's regular jammies that night.
The next morning I went and did a little shopping. I met my sister-in-laws and mom for lunch at Cafe Rio. Then Mason's sisters, Percie and Annie, and Rob came over to help decorate the tree. Unfortunately Ava and Milen fell asleep and missed most of it.
![]() |
| Pic by Percie |
![]() |
| Pic by Rob |
I just watched them decorate and then made some more baby food. Milen ate all this up within a couple of days. I have been making much more baby food for Milen than I did with Ava, but I still can't keep up. I enjoy making baby food but it's hard to find time to do it.
Ava woke up and wondered where Aunt Percie and Auntie Annie went.
Such a silly girl.
We met David, Melody, Brad, Kim, and some friends at Crown Burger. Then we headed to my parents to watch Intersellar. The girls watched Cinderella of course.
I dressed the kids in their Christmas jammies and Ava was going to sleep over night, but she decided that she wanted to go home with us after all.
The next morning I got pictures of the kids in their jammies by the tree.
I also got Milen's 8 month picture that day.
![]() |
My boy has turned 8 months. Sorry this update is long. Milen mastered crawling fast and is into everything he can get his hands on. He loves to shake his head no while saying "a-ya-ya-ya" and loves saying "dada." He is starting to get stranger danger. While he loves food, he is starting to figure out what he does and doesn't like. He loves to feed himself puffs and Cheerios. Milen is still very cuddly and is a stomach sleeper. He is such a happy boy and we love his smile.#chillinmilen #chunkymonkeyMJ |
I watched the kids along with Brad and my Dad. Everyone else went to a movie and Mason went shopping. Before Mason left I got this picture.
The kids made a disaster of the playroom.
At church the next day, Milen fell asleep which is pretty hard to get him to do these days at church. Luckily they had a guy singing Christmas songs that lulled Milen to sleep, but not before Milen tormented the guy sitting in front of us by constantly grabbing his chair.
Mason and the kids matched. This isn't the best picture, Mason was eating a donut. The donuts and cider our ward handed out were so good though.
Monday was the last day before Melody and David left to go back home. There was a free day at the aquarium so Melody and I took the girls there and left our boys with David and my mom.
It was so cold waiting in line. Luckily the line went pretty fast. The girls didn't do a good job at looking at the camera the whole time. They were too busy having fun.
![]() |
| pic by Melody |
We went just before lunch time and these girls were starving. The ate through my whole goldfish supply.
When these girls aren't fighting, they can be really sweet.
Melody and I were surprised when we took the girls to cross the bridge, Ava was the one to go in like it was nothing and Laila got scared. I had to reassure Laila that I would be right behind her. Ava went in so fast that she tripped and landed on her face. I thought it would scare her but she got up like it was nothing and continued on. The past few times we visited the aquarium Ava wanted nothing to do with the bridge. It was nice to see her attempt it this time.
![]() |
| pic by Melody |
I tried to get in one last good picture before we left. Didn't work. They were bouncing off the walls.
Came home to this sleepy guy.
I put Clark down for his nap, so his parents could grab something to eat.
We ordered pizza that night and then I played some Diablo 3 with David and Mason.
We had a great Thanksgiving break and it was great to see some family from out of town.













































No comments:
Post a Comment