Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Break

This December was a bit crazy with finals and parties. I am so happy this semester is over with. I have enjoyed every semester at the U until this one. Although one class I loved, one was okay, the other was far from enjoyable and I am relieved that it is over. Both Mason and I were so busy this semester, that if we hadn't left our "tree" up from last year it wouldn't have been up this year.

After finals Mason and I tried to make it to everything unfortunately we miss some parties. However we were able to at least briefly meet with many friends and family. We also went to my work party but missed our ward party that was the same night.
 

This Christmas we received many wonderful cards and presents from friends and family.

The Ultimate Mr. Bean.




Jones soda and chocolate covered popcorn (that I ate in one day). We decided that we like the Berry Lemonade the best out of the Jones sodas that we received.




A new blanket along with other stuff like garbage bags and wipes that I think is going to become our car kit.




A couple of puzzles.




Homemade bread and jam (that we ate Christmas morning) and a snowman with candy cane kisses inside, yum :)




Some really cute new jewelry (except for my wedding ring that is included in this picture, that is not new).




Fun and cute gloves, dish towel, and oven mitt.





Cute block letters that spells out our last name. You can't tell in the picture but the "a" and the "e" have glitter.



 


A microfiber wave lounger.




The sixth Harry Potter.




To my amazement Brad put together our wedding video.
It is really short though because I only requested one song and Brad tells me that he doesn't like long wedding videos.




If it is playing choppy, you can go directly to youtube's site and see if it plays smoother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T6YEtlNvvs


I didn't realize how much Mason and I talked that day. It looks really weird when we talk. I am wondering if it is because we were trying to look like we weren't talking. There are also some shots where I wished I hadn't looked at the camera- what a bad actress I am! I am surprised at how much I smiled because I remember being very tired from having little sleep the night before. It's also really weird looking at ourselves in a video. I wouldn't have thought so with Mason and I being on film before, but I guess there is a difference at looking at video that your are acting in compared to a video that is real life. However, the more I watch it, the more I like it as it brings back many wonderful memories of that day. On a side note, I find the raw footage (which includes more family) to be hilarious! You know who you are :) Too bad that it's too long to put up. Maybe I can talk Brad into editing a family wedding video edition or blooper reel.

This year we spent Christmas Eve with the Allen's and on Christmas we headed for St. George. On our way down we got pulled over by a cop who clearly wasn't happy working Christmas Day. We were hardly speeding but of course the cop gave us no slack. Apparently it took him a long time to "chase us down." My questions were why did he even bother and how was he sure he got the right car. I almost asked Mason earlier to get off the highway to go to Wendy's. I really wish I had. Then perhaps we would have lost the cop. After the cop handed us our ticket Mason wished him a Merry Christmas and the cop's reply was "SLOW DOWN!"

After a happy Christmas morning and a very unhappy Christmas afternoon, we reached St. George in the evening and our spirits picked back up again. For pictures of our trip to St. George check out Michael and Kristen's blog since they are already have pictures up and it will probably be a long time before I get the pictures and even longer before I put them up. I am proud to say that a few of those pictures I took myself with my dad's camera. Also I was one of those helpers with the puzzle. I'm with Michael on that one: Christmas is not complete without a puzzle to do. I will steal this picture from their blog though :) It might be the only Christmas picture that Mason and I have for 2009.




Also on the unfortunate side, I have been sick for most of the Christmas break. Luckily I have had off some work, so I have been trying to sleep and recover as much as possible before I return. Nyquil and Dayquil are my new best friends.

New Years was quiet this year. Since I was sick and could hardly function without medicine,  I didn't feel like doing much. So Brad and Mason played Wii games and Dusty and Jerica stopped by. Also this New Years I forgot to play clue with my dad and I didn't see The Grinch on Christmas. Oh well, there's always next year.

Also, since I am trying to get better at birthday shout outs, here are two birthday shout outs to my sister-in-laws Jerica (on December 27th) and Melody (on December 30th). Happy Birthday to you both! I hope that it was great! 

I think that is all the news that I have. It is sad that in less than a week we will be back to school. Too soon in my opinion. Despite me being sick, Mason and I have enjoyed the extra time off from work and school this Christmas Break.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a lot of cool stuff for Christmas. Those block letters are super cute! I kinda want some now! :o) Your wedding video is really nice, you two are so cute together! I watched it at work though, so I'll have to watch it again when I can actually turn on the sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wedding video! You were such a beautiful bride, your dress was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete