Mason has been trying to make me create some New Year resolutions. I really never make resolutions and when I do I usually forget them after a month.
So for Mason I came up with two this year that I think I can manage.
The first one is one that I have year after year; it is to manage my time better. Especially now that I'm married I find that I have more to do then I have time to do. I have tried to cut out everything I could so that I could to just focus on what I need to do, but after this semester I have realized that that even isn't enough. So this semester I am striving to find balance in my life and to manage my time carefully, to plan like I haven't before, and to try to cut out excess time spent on any one thing.
My next one is a budget goal. Mason and I are savers so budgeting isn't too big a deal for us. However I would like to change one way that I handle money. Usually when my checking gets over a certain amount I move the rest into savings, so that way I keep a constant amount of money in my checking for each month and I can't go over that amount unless there is some planned expense like tuition or trips. So my plan is to change it so that with each paycheck I move a certain amount of money from that paycheck into my savings. This way I hope instead of it being sometimes saving, I almost always save each month (again except for planned events such as tuition or trips).
Mason has several New Year resolutions (a whole page full), but I'll only mention one. I suggested that this year that one of his resolutions to be to stop getting any more speeding tickets. In my next post about our Christmas I will explain it more fully, but lets just say that for the year of 2009 he has received several tickets and I think that the cops are out to get him for any little thing.
Sounds like you picked two really good resolutions. I know how you feel about having too much to do and not enough time to do it in! Seems like there is never enough time in the day to take care of everything that needs to be taken care of. Good luck! Let me know how it goes! :o)
ReplyDelete