- 6 loads of laundry, almost 7
- 5 movies- Horton Hears a Who, Shrek, Emma, Kung-Fu Panda, and the 2nd Narnia
- over 50 references, only 14 of which were used
- lunch, dinner, and several snacks
- 7 new recipes to try written down
- grocery list written up
- checkbook brought up to date
- figured out expenses for the rest of the year
- 1 math assignment finished
- a few breaks
LATER....
And I'm finally done with my horrible, massive paper for my graduate class. About time. Only thing that list was missing was caffeine. Too bad the only thing we have here is water.
The only way I could even think about doing this paper was dulling my brain by putting in movie after movie so that my focus was split and by bribing myself. Or rather Mason did the bribing. The thing is I don't remember what the bribe was...
The only way I could even think about doing this paper was dulling my brain by putting in movie after movie so that my focus was split and by bribing myself. Or rather Mason did the bribing. The thing is I don't remember what the bribe was...
Oh yeah, it was the DS Super Scribblenauts. Which we have already played a lot of and are probably over half way done with it. Oops. I'll just have to come up with another way to reward myself :)
Anyways back to this horrible paper. I'm soo relieved that it is over. I can face my other two finals, no sweat. Mason has a project and a couple of finals left.
A girl once told me in high school that she would rather write a paper than take a test. I thought she was insane then, I still think to this day that she is insane. Tests are by far easy and better than papers.
- tests aren't 10+ pages.
- tests are often multiple choice.
- all the information that is on a test is given to you by the teachers.
- papers you have to look up all the information.
- even if you find a great article, most likely you will not be able to use it because you won't be able to get the full text.
- Even if it looks to be great article and you get the full text, looks can be deceiving and there really isn't anything there. The "over 50" that I found were all full text and seemed to be able to work with my paper but didn't. So it doesn't included all the ones that I was mad about not having a full text link.
- the only way of "mastering" a paper is by completely "BS-ing" it, because this is not in my nature it has taken me a long time to be able to write papers. I like cold hard facts, truth, not this wishy-washy crap and smudging the facts to get what you want.
- most likely the topic of the paper isn't something you care about.
- okay so maybe I might find something interesting but it's not like I want to spend hours on trying to get that information and then have to write about it upon which I am graded upon.
- tests are usually over with in less than a hour.
- studying requires way less energy than writing a paper, basically no brain power at all, just requires staring and the occasional flipping a page over.
- You can do lots of different things while studying. I used to go to the gym and while I was running on the treadmill I would study AP Biology. With a paper you have to sit and type at the keyboard for hours on end being bored out of your mind.
- as you can see at the beginning of this post, I can come up with a million other things I rather be doing with my time (not to mention how desperate I've been to start getting ready for Christmas but I've been having to work on this paper).
- do I need any more reasons? it's all pretty obvious.
Even if you are a writer, I can see enjoying writing for pleasure, but a disgusting research paper for school, you got to be out of your mind if you find that enjoyable. That's like thinking taxes are fun to do. Isn't this wonderful?! We get to figure out all the legal jargon that the IRS comes up with and changes every year and then add up some numbers to find out how much of our money is being wasted by going into a big huge black hole of interest from the debt that our government owes. Isn't it great! And yes, I do my own taxes every year and that is with owning my own company to boot. Oh so much fun!
On unrelated news, we enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving at Mason's Grandparents. We ate tons of yummy food. Can I just tell you that I'm in love with turkey and so Thanksgiving = heaven in my book. Mason and I rented Coraline from the library and watched it that day. We probably watched it 5 times since then and the total is up to 3 times renting it. I love that movie!
Yesterday Mason and I went to Grand America for my work's Christmas party. There we also ate yummy food. They had a game where they put a name on your back and you had to ask people questions to find out who you were. I was Nicole Kidman and Mason was Kim Kardashian. Both Mason and I had no idea who Kim Kardashian was. Sorry but I could care less about celebrities and reality tv. Anyways Mason's was a hard one.
In the elevator at Grand America we overheard a little girl tell her mom why the last Twilight movie was better than the book, haha! Then she went on to say that they took lines from someone else to give to Bella and that made it all so better. This girl had to be under 12 but was acting like a wannabe 18 year old in her dress and manner. Ahh, they grow up so fast, lol! The funny thing was it seemed like the mom hadn't read or watched Twilight (or maybe she was just acting for the sake of her daughter). Surprising! Not a Twilight mom?! Also was I the only one to think that Bella's ring turned out to be hideously ugly in the movie? I'll admit the way the book described it, it really wasn't my style, but they could have done so much better for the movie. Yuck!
I been ignoring several texts and phone calls. Sorry everyone but it will probably continue until finals are over with. I promise I'll call you when I get a chance.
I have finished our Christmas card for this year. I'm so excited to put up on here, but it will have to wait until it's closer to Christmas. We have our lights up and Mason bought a rosemary tree for our Christmas tree this year.
I'm excited to start cooking again. It will be nice to have a full home cooked meal here at our place. Hence the collection of 7 new recipes today.
Anyways that's it for now. Better hop into bed to have an "enjoyable" day of class, then work, and then more class in which I get to turn in my paper. Oh what fun!
The paper thing made me chuckle , albeit a little darkly. I fully understand! Taking the time to gather so many good articles, but you can only use 3 of them, getting so excited because you found what looks like a great source, but they want you to pay $30 for the full text!. You learn some great techniques to get around that thought. :)
ReplyDeleteBut I have to agree with the friend, I would rather do the paper. I can control the paper a little bit, but a test... Let's just say I've had some really brutal ones and mine were very rarely multiple choice. Glad you will make it out of this alive!