Thursday, October 24, 2013

9 Months

This post accidentally published and I wasn't very happy about it since I was just previewing the post not publishing it. But now here it is all finished and finally ready to read.

Lots of changes for our 9 month old.

  • Her first tooth came in 2 days after she turned 9 months old. She now has 3 teeth. Ava loves getting her teeth brushed.
  • Her sleep schedule is back as in she sleeps now, thank goodness! We hit a couple of months of no sleep with this girl and it was terrible. I ran BBC (baby boot camp) to try to get her back to sleeping well. It was pretty intense as in 2 hours of getting her ready for bed every night intense. Every hour was planned out but bedtime was the most important to stick to. I'm trying to still keep it up. However once her tooth came in, she is great about sleeping. So we just must of suffered a couple of months of horrible teething.
  • Although she pulls herself up on furniture and us, she doesn't really care about walking anymore since she can crawl everywhere.
  • She has been doing this for a couple of months, but I keep forgetting to post it. After Ava is done with her cereal and baby food mixture, I will give her a few Cheerios as a treat. Once Ava has decided she is full, she starts dropping the Cheerios on the floor. Oh fun! Well at least she thinks it is.
  • Ava will grab socks and drag them all throughout the house. She loves to have one in each hand. She loves socks more than shoes.
  • I have been teaching Ava to blow kisses. I think she is finally starting to get it.
  • Ava only has 1 thing left to do on her lists of first and that is walking.
  • The pediatrician didn't think that Ava gained enough weight (she grew quite a bit taller though) so we have started some formula with Ava. Thing is Ava hates formula, so we are sneaking it into her cereal/baby food mixture until she hopefully gets used to it. Our pediatrician thought that if Ava got thirsty enough she would just drink the formula. Haha! Yeah right! However since Ava has had a tooth come in, her appetite has increased. I believe that the two are related and that Ava will put on some weight very soon. Update: Went back to the doctor's and Ava has put on weight. Gained almost a pound in a month. The pediatrician asked if anything else has changed and I explained about her teeth coming in and her sleeping better.
  • Ava loves her Cookie Monster. She drags him around the whole house. First toy that she has been really attached to. When you give him to her, she hugs him.
I was mean and took a picture with the flash on to get a picture of her sleeping with Cookie Monster.

  • I decided to get a big baby gate play yard for Ava. A lot of things are just impossible to baby proof in this house, so this was my solution. It was pricey, but it has paid off. Ava usually does pretty well in it and I don't have to worry about her getting into things she shouldn't. I call her gate "the baby arena."




  • Ava blew raspberries when she was pretty young and then she stopped for a bit. Now she is blowing them again. She loves to be silly.



Here are some random pictures of Ava. 



And just for fun, here is what Mason had to say when Ava was 8 months:
Crawls into mischief like a champ
Falls asleep while daddy types or plays video games, or tries to type too
Ava's typing:                                                       ,,;tjtgrr----tg''T"YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"YU(UY"Y**********7uuuuuuuuuuuuuy
Opens drawers
Sleeps on her tummy
Says hello by grabbing your face
Laughs hysterically when daddy tries to gobble her up
A master of Tu Jitsu
She's quiet and observant during early morning meetings 
She has grown some more hair that was bright blonde, but now looks like a very light brown now. I call it cinnamon cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment