Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Not My Day

So yesterday was a great day. Everything went perfectly and I couldn't have asked for a better day. Ava and I enjoyed a great walk looking at everyone's Halloween decorations. I finished reading Blackmoore and it was really good.



Then Ava slept in until 9:00 this morning and I thought that was wonderful. I love when Ava sleeps until 9:00. I thought things were off to a good start but then Ava didn't get a good morning nap. She woke up early and I could tell that she was still tired but she wasn't going to go back to sleep. So off we went to play.

A couple hours later Ava was tired again so I tried to get her down for her second nap. Ava was so wound up that things kept getting worse. Background: We ran baby boot camp and we got Ava to sleep in her crib at night but I gave up on her sleeping her crib for naps. Sometimes she will, but usually not. So I usually end up taking a nap with her, read a book, or surf the net. I don't accomplish anything, but it is better for our sanity if Ava gets her naps. So anyways getting Ava down for naps is usually hard, but today was impossible. Ava kept trying to pull of my glasses. She kept taring apart my pillow cover (last time I buy a cheap allergen cover for my pillow). She clawed me a couple times; yep, time to clip her nails again (they grow fast like mine). She spit up on my blanket, yay for more laundry. Finally when she was pulling on the blinds to look outside, I decided it was time for a walk. Good thing it was sunny today. 

We went for the walk. Ava loved watching and seeing everything. I enjoyed listening to pandora. Ava fell asleep. 

When I got home I should have brought in the stroller and let Ava stay asleep in it so I could have had some personal time (like eating lunch, which I usually don't get) but I didn't. It was clear Ava wouldn't go down in her crib. So we took a nap together and it was great.

When we woke up it was dinner time. I was a bit ambitious. I tried to cook my corn chowder and biscuits while at the same time feeding Ava and myself. I started cooking the bacon and corn. That went well, but then I couldn't find several of the other ingredients for the soup. Then while making Ava's food, I was putting back a big tub of plain yogurt in the fridge and it fell and dumped all over the floor and my pants. I threw the whole tub away even though I could have saved some. I was just angry, so it went all in the trash. Ava pointed at the floor and laughed. I definitely made her day.

I did finish the biscuits and they look great. They were from a box. So moral of the story is I should just make food from a box. Can't go wrong there right?


Good thing Mason gets off early tonight and should be on his way home. Hopefully he will help me with the soup. Otherwise it's just biscuits tonight. Biscuits anyone?

Thanks for letting me vent :)

No comments:

Post a Comment