Anyways I kind of was figuring that, so we headed off to Main for some food.
Look there's me!
After walking up and down the street we decided to eat at this pizza place. Pizza sounded good. However we were disappointed. The food was alright, but definitely not worth $40. It was like a Smokey Mountain Pizza wannabe, but not as good and not as nice of a place.
Although it would have been a lot more expensive, I think that we should have gone to 350 Main. We did go to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, which made up for our food.
We continued to tour Main and there were some historical sites. Now, I really laughed because their idea of historical was the 2002 Olympics. Yes that was historical and it's great that they had it displayed, but I just laughed because they made it seem like it was sooo very long ago.
Now I did find one historical thing that was about Park City being a mining town, so I took a picture.
Once we were done with Main, we were back on the hunt for a good hiking trail.
This picture explains about everything with our hunt.
Here wait, this pic you can see better.
Really people, really? So basically any trails that you didn't need to take a gondola up to get to the trail head, people decided to build their rich, fancy houses on it and not allow people to park there and use the trail. Very disappointing and another reason I put in another vote that Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons are better than Park City.
We found a few places where there might have been a trail to hike but we had to go through private lanes and areas to get there, so we really didn't stay too long to find out.
We about traveled everywhere in Park City and then went briefly to Deer Valley. One of the hotel did seem to have a working gondola. Whether or not you could take it, we have no idea because we had decided at that point to go to Jordanelle.
So there are my opinions about Park City. We probably won't go back, unless it's in one of "their seasons" aka after June 16th. The room and hotel were very nice though and we did enjoy Main, just wish that they had easier access to trails. Maybe we will go back to Deer Valley since it looked more promising as far as hiking. Even with most everything being dead, Park City did have it's own sort of beauty to it. Oh and I almost forgot to mention that there was a really cool photography exhibit with some amazing photographs that I really enjoyed.
Anyways here are the rest of my pictures and part 3 I'll go onto Jordanelle.
No comments:
Post a Comment