I know it's been awhile but I'm back to telling about our trip to Oregon. The next day was more of a chill day. In the morning we went to a chocolate factory and a cheese factory. Between Mason and I, we bought 5 chocolates, however I wasn't very impressed. They seemed to care more about making chocolates that were exotic rather than actually tasting good. They were alright but I think I'll stick to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Here's Mason with our chocolates in front of the factory.
Then we headed next door to the cheese factory. They had some yummy looking pastas and breads. We tried some of the different cheeses. I liked all but the blue cheeses (I'm not a blue cheese fan). Anyways here is Mason in front of the factory.
I thought that this door in the store was funny.
Take a closer look:
 |
| "It's a secret." "Shhhut-up." |
Next we went out for lunch. The first place we picked out from the list on our gps turned out to be a bar, but the next place we went to was Jaspers. It had very interesting food choices. Mason ate a rosemary antelope burger and I had a mango chicken sandwich. Mason's burger just tasted like rosemary and mine was good but very messy.
Then we headed to this guy's garden, but sadly it wasn't in that great of shape.
There were a few nice places though.
Next we headed to this old historic town. It was kind of funny to see that they kept the old signs on the outside but inside was changed completely, so you couldn't trust the signs. They also had a train ride here, but the train was broken down and they were fixing it so we didn't get to ride around on it.
 |
| old-fashioned barbering tools |
 |
| my favorite, Pepsi |
 |
| old-fashioned mineral water |
 |
| this was a really weird store |
 |
| yep, really weird |
 |
| this was a really cool British store |
 |
Mason and Michael trying to get water from the pump. Kristen: "Yeah, good luck with that!"
Okay so not really. They were just posing for my picture. |


Lastly we went to this huge park that had tons of gardens. We were mainly looking for the Japanese gardens, but it took awhile to find.
 |
| cool dragonfly! |
 |
David and Brad, best of friends.
Well okay the story behind this is all during our trip whenever
David and Brad found a bench, they insisted having a picture together. |
 |
| Monkey Puzzle Tree |
In the Japanese gardens
 |
| Yep, another bench. |
Afterwards I was craving a nice cold Jamba Juice. Too bad there wasn't one in sight.
Interesting story:
So after the gardens we headed to go get gas for the cars. Mason and I were with Michael and Kristen while everyone else was with my dad. Michael parks on one side of the gas station and my dad is at the other. We were waiting for a few minutes and I'm about to tell Michael off since he hadn't gotten out of the car. "Come on Michael, get out of the car. It's not that hard to fill up the car with gas." That was what I was going to say, when the gas attendent showed up and I remembered that in Oregon you can't pump your own gas. It's illegal. Lame huh?! Well there was only one gas attendent for about 10 or more cars, so we had to wait forever not just for the guy to show up in the first place, but to come back after it had been done pumping for quite some time. Anyways while we are waiting this college kid comes up and starts talking to the gas attendent about how it's been taking him so long to graduate from college because of the gas station or something. We were really confused. Then I looked over to see my dad pumping his own gas. I tell Michael and he says "what?! I told him it's illegal." We radio over to find out that the gas attendent never went over to my dad and so my dad thought there wasn't one and he got sick of waiting 15 mins so he got out to fill up the car himself. After my dad was done, the gas attendent then finally went over to him and told him that it was illegal but that he didn't really care. So one attendent and not being able to fill up your own car with gas is very impractical. I've decided from this trip, that Oregon is just at a very slow pace. I've never been through a slower grocery line and that was being first in line. Here we are rush, rush, rush and apparently they are not.
No comments:
Post a Comment