Thursday, September 12, 2013

San Francisco Day 2



On the second day of San Francisco we headed to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. We walked along the shops and Mason bought some postcards for his parents, which we forgot about and never wrote on them and mailed, oops! We then went to my favorite place which is where the sea lions are. There wasn't as many sea lions as the last time I went to SF so I was a little sad. The last time I went to SF there were so many and they were so loud. Laila really enjoyed the sea lions and kept saying "fishes." We would correct and tried to get her to make sea lion noises.




We then headed off the pier for cheaper clam chowder bowls. I wasn't too impressed with the ones that we got. They were better than a can of soup, but not quite as good as I had remembered. So I suggest paying the extra bucks for a chowder bowl on the pier. As we were walking on the streets we saw lots of homeless asking for money for weed and beer.

You better watch out for Miss Ava. When she's in her stroller, she'll run you down if you get in her way :)

We then went on a boat tour. I really liked the boat tour. My favorite part was going past Alcatraz. We would have loved to tour Alcatraz but we found out before our trip that they were all booked up during the week that we were there. Of course they weren't the week later, but oh well. It was cool to find out more about Alcatraz and to have a closer look.









During the boat ride, I was feeding both Laila and Ava puffs. I noticed that a girl nearby kind of wanted some but I didn't really pay attention. During some part of the trip, the girl's parents let her play with their phone and she took pictures of Ava. Then towards the end of the trip, when I had my hands full with Ava I saw the girl's parents pull their girl away from the bag where I had the puffs. I checked on the puffs and they seemed fine, but later I noticed the lid was missing and nowhere to be found. Luckily I had a ziplock bag that I ended up dumping the puffs in.

Also near the end of the trip, there were a couple of other girls that were in love with Laila. They took several pictures of Laila and pinched her cheeks. After the boat ride, my mom gave Laila back to Melody and the girls came running to Melody and started kissing Laila on the cheeks. Melody was a bit shocked to say the least.

Next we went to Ghirardelli Square and had some ice cream. We relaxed for a bit and enjoyed a nicer part of San Francisco.




Then we got this crazy idea to walk to Lombard Street. We walked up some pretty intense streets with strollers. It didn't help that I was sunburnt and had a massive headache. But we survived the steep climb. And then walking down Lombard Street was nice even though it was not stroller friendly.



We then went to a park to eat dinner. It was off Old Mason road. Did you know how popular Mason is in SF? We didn't know either. But there is Fort Mason, Mason road, and Old Mason road. Pretty cool!

*Special thanks to Mason, Brad, Kim, and my Dad for letting me steal their pictures*

No comments:

Post a Comment