Sunday, September 22, 2013

Some of My Favorite Things

So I thought that I had done a post about my favorite things before, but I couldn't find one. So maybe it was a post that always just stayed in my head. Anyways I thought that I would do one today.

So first off with some Mary Kay things cuz I'm a Mary Kay girl and I love makeup.

So I was just watching some makeup tutorials and I can't believe how much makeup is out there, how much some girls put on, and how expensive it is. I heard that Mary Kay is going to raise their prices a bit soon, but it is still nothing compared to some of the brands out there.

So in one of the tutorials that I saw they said that berries for lips is going to be the style for fall and that taupe the eye color. I've never really been a berry kind of girl, but I do have a taupe eye shadow that I love that I got months ago. It is a cream and I find that it goes on well if my brush is clean and I pat it with my finger after applying it. It is called metallic taupe ($14).


So I bought 6 different colors of these cream eye color and my other favorite is beach blonde ($14). I know 6 is a lot; I just really like eyeshadow. Anyways, I use this when I want a neutral look.

I have a long time favorite eyeshadow that is also from Mary Kay and it is called granite ($7). It is my favorite grey eyeshadow ever!
I sometimes mix it with sweet plum ($7).
So you can probably already tell that I'm a shimmery type girl for my eyes. I just haven't found too many matte eyeshadows that work well on me.

Mary Kay came out a while ago with their love lash mascara ($15) and everyone else that I have talked to loves this mascara as well. The small brush reminds me of a Maybelline mascara that I used a long time ago, so it probably is why I liked this instantly when it came out.


K, 2 more things from Mary Kay and then I'll have some stuff from other places I promise.

One that I have always like from Mary Kay are their compacts and I decided that the smallest one is my favorite. I also have the regular ($18) and pro ($35) sizes but the mini ($16) is my favorite.
Lastly from Mary Kay is their brush set ($55). Mine is an older version so the storage is different than the picture below but still enough that I can put my brushes, the mini compact, foundation, moisturizer, a little lotion bottle, eyeliner, several lip glosses and a perfume wand in it. So basically everything you would need in a day.



Okay on to other things. From Bath and Body Works I am liking for fall their cashmere glow ($11).

While in Arizona a few years ago I fell in love with orange sapphire ($12.50) and funny thing is I do not like the smell of oranges, but I really like this scent.
While I was on the Bath and Body Works website I spied one of my old favorites that I haven't seen forever. It is exotic coconut. When I clicked on it sadly it said out of stock, figures. I loved this coconut. All of the other coconut scents smell like sunscreen and I figure why buy a lotion that smells like sunscreen when I have lots of sunscreen at home already. So sad that I haven't been able to get this again.
K, I almost forgot this one and it is what got me thinking about this post to begin with. I love, love, love this product. It is Garnier moisture rescue gel cream. I got it when I was in St George and had forgotten to pack a moisturizer. I wanted something small and this looked promising. It was the best purchase ever. I love that it is lightweight and refreshing. Like putting on cucumber water, but it lasts for a long time. I also love that it isn't sticky or greasy like many moisturizers. I just bought it again tonight for about $6 at Walmart.



So before we went to California I got some white sunglasses for $5. They were half off for some minor thing. I absolutely love them. They fit me perfectly. The ones I had before were horrible. I bought them at the zoo in desperation because the ones I had before that broke (they were free and for that I loved them). Anyways the pair I got at the zoo were expensive and terrible. The only way they kept sun out of my eyes was if I pushed them into my eyeballs. So this new pair for only $5 that is so comfortable and blocks out the sun is absolutely wonderful. Sorry I don't know the brand or anything. 

So you can tell that I really wasn't quite ready for this photo, oh well.


So when I went shopping I decided afterwards that peach and taupe are my favorite colors for this fall. You remember this picture.



The cardigan right next to my jeans is my favorite. I also really love those jeans. They were $29 from Maurice's. They are a normal jean that fit better than any jean I have had before. I am a plain Jane when it comes to jeans. I don't like the worn out look. I rather wear out my jeans myself, thank-you-very-much!

Anyways back to peach. Here is me in my other cardigan that I also really like a lot.

Then Mason and I had a bit of fun taking pictures of each other  in another room that had very bright light. So beware, I look very white. You may have to shield your eyes.





I tried this app called Rhonna. I absolutely love it. It was free for my iPad, but when I went to put it on my iPhone, they wanted money, so I only have it on my iPad. The app lets you put borders, sayings, decor and more on your pictures. Here is a picture that I tested it out with. It's lots of fun, so I'll have to do more with it.



Lastly is something I don't own. So I have been on the hunt for a new purse. I want one that is bigger than what I currently have. I have been leaning towards a gray/dark silver color and I would also like a divider in the middle to keep things more organize (possibly have a baby side and my own personal side. I found this online, so I haven't seen it in person, but it sure has put a taint on any other purse that I have seen in person. None seem to be as good. Sorry for the poor image quality. The Rossetti Belinda belted braided tote was originally $79, but right now it is $47.50 at Kohl's. I usually buy purses for $30 and I like to see them in person, but I'll be thinking about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment