*chili
*potato soup
*Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana (we have an awesome recipe for this that tastes just like theirs)
*corn chowder
I came across an Our Best Bites recipe for chili. I had made one of their chili's before and like it. This recipe seemed interesting so I decided to give it a try. You ask why it was so interesting? Well this chili had yams, pumpkin and cocoa powder in it.
I went shopping Thursday night for all the ingredients and then Ava woke me up early at 5:30 AM. Not fun. Well I fed Ava and then I was determined to start the chili. One thing that isn't smart is to cook at 6:00 In the morning. Why? Because if you are like me, you don't think very well in the morning. I went and cut up those jalapeƱos without gloves. Not smart! After I had finished and let the crockpot cook the chili, I went to put in my contacts. Super not smart!! My eyes burned!!! I then had to take out my contacts, just as painful. Then I washed my hands a million times with lemon dish soap. Then later I was able to put in a brand new set of contacts without my eyeballs frying too much. I'm sure if Mason had been up, he would have warn me, but oh well. I definitely won't be skipping the gloves next time no matter what hour it is.
Ava fell asleep in her booster chair. Poor girl!
Anyways this chili was amazing. I loved it and I hate yams. I really liked it with sour cream, green onions, and avocado, especially the avocado. It was nice that it made double of what my little crockpot could hold, so I put half in the freezer for another time. Maybe we'll invite some friends over and have the chili in some bread bowls. Maybe if you're lucky, that friend will be you :)

No comments:
Post a Comment